a few more stellar objects part three

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tyson is very good at making the concepts palatable..I deal with a lot of derivations on general relativity in my astrophysics courses..so i get lost in the details a lot and forget the bigger picture..Tyson is good even for students

Flaming Star and Tadpoles in color..work in progress..I want to eventually add RGB stars (true color) instead of just white stars

25014328108_e6c2687909_b.jpg

this is my completed setup until I get a new mount at the end of next year

this setup (if you are curious) cost me 17 grand...still not as much money as I have spent on orchids (and lost ) over the years though

with this setup, once the object is framed, I can let it go until its done four hours later..with the new mount i am getting next year I can operate everything remotely (that particular mount costs ten grand..cant wait to spend the money)

38885373451_7e9719318e_b.jpg

24020530487_74235e6f14_b.jpg

so I have one hobby by day and one hobby by night

spectacular.
Can you get these shots from your house even with light pollution?

yep, those shots of the telescope are from my backyard..our city has converted to LED's and it really sucks but with the filters I have it blocks out 97 % of the light pollution...I can't get really faint detail (as I would need longer exposure times) as the light pollution does significantly add up after five minutes though..so my limit on a sub image is 8 minutes..this image is 30 subs stacked for each filter (which has it's own color channel)..so 90 8 minute subs or 720 minutes total imaging time (12 hours)

I am really impressed that you can get such quality images from your city home!

I just heard that another solar system with the same number of planets as ours was just discovered.

We know so little.

Latest posts

Back