A few Dendrochilum's

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondie

Reaction score
Hi

Well you have seen my, Coelogynes but i do grow quite a few very close relitives to them and Dendrochilum's, chain orchids are one of my favourites. I now a lot of people dislike these plants, I can see why small flowers not massivley showy. But for me there is something about them the scent is very powerful for such tiny flowers.

I grow these at around 16/17C give they the same treatment as all my other orchids, they bulk up in to large plants very nicley and quickly.

picture upload sites
This one of the larger growing species Dendrochilum magnum, lovely orange flowers on long spikes with a musky spicy scent.

gif hosting
This gets to the same size as the above but the bulbs stay small, this one is Dendrochilum latifolium, paler yellow green flower, musky sweet scent to it.

image post
This one always just fills the air with a lovely spicy citris sweet scent very strong. I love the crispness of the white on this plant Dendrochilum glumacium.

adult picture hosting
This one is lovely yet refuses to flower for me I have no clue why as I do everything by the book. Dnedrochilum cobbianum is becoming the bain of my life, but has a lovely scent.

image upload no limit
This one is recent, it has not flowered this year it was a divison and I seem to find divions dont flower on the second year for me. But i love the green to Dendrochilum abbreviatum.

screen capture freeware
This I brought becuase it is very strange looks more like a grass and my camera is not good enough to get, the size of the flowers there about 2mil big. love the wire like leafs of Dendrochilum tenellum.

upload jpg
I love the coloure of this Dendrochilum wenzelii with it being red, I think I brought a fical plant as this one has not flowered might pick up a new one and see if the new plant flowers for readily.

free adult image hosting
Another one with a tiny flower with a big scent, sort of like vanilla with a spicyness. When you can get this one Dendrochilum filiforme it can be expensive well in the UK that is.

screen shot on pc
Dendrochilum javireri this has always flowered every year for me, I gave some of this away this year and only got one spike, this is last years pick. Hopefuly next year it will be back to this again.

I have just brought another species of Dendrochilum, that looks like is has got spikes on its new growths.

Just have got my first, a little plant still, and liked watching yours! Lovely, healthy plants! Wish you a nice 2017!

Just have got my first, a little plant still, and liked watching yours! Lovely, healthy plants! Wish you a nice 2017!

They wont stay small for long soon bulk up.

Yes the scent of them is what makes them so worth a spot in a collection.

Latest posts

Back