A few Catts from the past few months...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooby5757

lightly hirsute
Reaction score
Some highlights from what has bloomed out the past few months. This is beginning the fourth year where I've had a hand in working with the Rutgers collection, and we're starting to see some results.

C. Alice B. DuPont 'Waldor' HCC/AOS on left and what we believe is Wendy Patterson on the right. The Wendy Patterson grows like a weed and blooms on maturing growths. It gets divided every year and I feel there is a piece in bloom more often than not.

Two little snot-sized pieces Alice B. DuPont got potted up together and one just finished blooming. Flower was barely any smaller on this plant than the one shown above.

A just opening Lc. Cahamiana 'Azure Skies' AM/AOS.

Group shot of the cousins that are in there prime right now.
(A coerulea Lc. Canhamiana semi-alba, Canhamiana 'Azure Skies', an unstaked Canhamiana semi-alba, and L. purpurata var. striata up top.

Something small, Orpetii x cernua - Charmingly colored flowers.

Something big, Myrmecophila tibicnis - These spikes are 8'+ and extend up to the roof and bend to accomodate. When I stand on the benches (three feet high) to peak into hanging stuff, the difference in temp is big. I mean it's hot. These flowers are another 8' up and they hang in there.

Slc. Clive Brown (Horace x Orpetii)

C. National Geographic 'Waldor'

(Yeah I cheated for the pic. The doral usually doesn't stand straight, so I gave it some help for the photo.)

C. Nancy Off 'Linwood' AM/AOS (89 pts)
Getting ready...

Just starting...

And this is as good as it got...well picture-wise

One of the best flowerings of C. Bow Bells 'July' I've seen it do. Only one flower on the inflorescence, but it was a damn good one.

Group shot...

Lc. Gold Digger 'Orchid Jungle' HCC/AOS - Took first in small-flowered Catts at the Philly Flower show this year. Here it is staged in the new Horticourt.

Lc. Harold Carlson

Appleblossoms!!!!

ID anyone??? Obviously bifoliate, but I don't have pics of plant.

OM..., I just had a CATTLEYA dream, or were those pics in our forum !??

:clap::clap: Wonderful :clap::clap:!

Jean

(any tips for getting tibicinis to bloom?)

Wondeful!!

Do you have the name of the little green-white Encyclia in one of the first pics?

Thanks for sharing!

OM..., I just had a CATTLEYA dream, or were those pics in our forum !??

:clap::clap: Wonderful :clap::clap:!

Jean

(any tips for getting tibicinis to bloom?)

Benign neglect...go full out on sun, good luck cooking it...this one get a very healthy dose, it stays high in the gh so it stays warm, and I am lighter with water in the summer. This ones gotta be 20ish if not more. Once, long ago it was growing in a 10 inch clay pot, which is still in there if you dig. We just let it ramble.

Latest posts

Back