A favor request to my Slippertalk friends

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to grow out a flask too.
Thanks Justin , I think you will be either No. 9 or No. 10, I will have to run over the list to make sure I didn't forget counting anyone

Here is the list so far,
if I missed your name, or vice versa put your name in by mistake, please let me know,
Main volunteer growers list:
1) SlipperKing (Rick)
2) Duck Slipper
3) littlefrog (Rob)
4) orchid527 (Mike)
5) Phred
6) DrLeslieEe
7) Dave Sorokowsky
8) Michael Bonda
9) Jpaph
10) Justin

Alternate volunteer growers list:
1) cnycharles
2) abax
3) who is no. 3 ? perhaps I miscounted
4) Happypaphy 7

hi all , I try to send you note via"conversation" , however the feature only allow 3 recipients at a time , also it has trouble send the conversation to DeleslieEe, David Sorokowsky & Jpaph , so this information will have to be posted here, From the latest list in april 2021 we have this list:

1) SlipperKing (Rick)
2) Duck Slipper
3) littlefrog (Rob)
4) orchid527 (Mike)
5) Phred
6) DrLeslieEe
7) Dave Sorokowsky
8) Michael Bonda
9) Jpaph
10) Justin

1) cnycharles
2) abax
4) Happypaphy 7

Shane just contacted me and informed me that the final count is 19 flasks each contains 8 to 12 plants and ready to be shipped . I had a conversation with him on the phone, and let him know that slippertalk members will contact him directly to provide shipping address (Shane will calculate the shipping cost that he will charge you, since each of us reside in a different state, he could not quote the same for everyone)
The Flasking charge will be paid by me ,I will send him a check to cover the flasking cost for all the flask tomorrow.
Since the number of volunteers is smaller than the number of flasks available, each of us is guaranteed to have at least 1 flask, after the first row call, the remain unclaimed flasks can be requested by any one who will be willing to grow more. we need to communicate early among ourselves here so by the time all of you contact Shane, there won't be a situation that there are still flasks remain unclaimed .
If any of you would like me to cover the shipping as well, please let me know ahead of time .

Please contact Shane directly to arrange for the shipping of your flask and the shipping cost

Shane Fletcher
Orchid Origins
2751 E. Hyde Rd.
St. Johns, MI 48879
989-224-6876
orchidorigins.com

Last edited:
1) SlipperKing (Rick)
2) Duck Slipper
3) littlefrog (Rob)
4) orchid527 (Mike)
5) Phred
6) DrLeslieEe
7) Dave Sorokowsky
8) Michael Bonda
9) Jpaph
10) Justin

1) cnycharles
2) abax
4) Happypaphy 7
5) TyroneGenade

hi all , I try to send you note via"conversation" , however the feature only allow 3 recipients at a time , also it has trouble send the conversation to DeleslieEe, David Sorokowsky & Jpaph , so this information will have to be posted here, From the latest list in april 2021 we have this list:

1) SlipperKing (Rick)
2) Duck Slipper
3) littlefrog (Rob)
4) orchid527 (Mike)
5) Phred
6) DrLeslieEe
7) Dave Sorokowsky
8) Michael Bonda
9) Jpaph
10) Justin

1) cnycharles
2) abax
4) Happypaphy 7

Shane just contacted me and informed me that the final count is 19 flasks each contains 8 to 12 plants and ready to be shipped . I had a conversation with him on the phone, and let him know that slippertalk members will contact him directly to provide shipping address, and shipping cost
I will send him a check to cover the flasking cost for all the flask tomorrow.
Since the number of volunteers is smaller than the number of flasks available, each of us is guaranteed to have at least 1 flask, after the first row call, the remain unclaimed flasks can be requested by any one who will be willing to grow more. we need to communicate early among ourselves here so by the time all of you contact Shane, there won't be a situation that there are still flasks remain unclaimed .
If any of you would like me to cover the shipping as well, please let me know

Please contact Shane directly to arrange for the shipping of your flask/flasks

Shane Fletcher
Orchid Origins
2751 E. Hyde Rd.
St. Johns, MI 48879
989-224-6876
orchidorigins.com
Thanks Hien… I’ll let Dave contact Shane to arrange shipping our flasks to him California.

We can Papheteer too? He’s in Toronto with me and can get the babies same as me.
I think it is doable , because only 2 more names was added just now, Tyrone and Djthomp28 (Darlene) , so I believe that the total number of peoples are still under 19 (the number of flasks)
if you guys are at the same place, you might as well get Papheteer 's flask in the same shipping that Dave ship to you to worth the effort .
By the way, it was strange, I tried to contact everyone , but the conversation feature told me that I can not send the message to you, Dave and Jpaph (don't know why)

So the list that I am aware of at this moment is :

1) SlipperKing (Rick)
2) Duck Slipper
3) littlefrog (Rob)
4) orchid527 (Mike)
5) Phred
6) DrLeslieEe
7) Dave Sorokowsky
8) Michael Bonda
9) Jpaph
10) Justin
11) papheteer

1) cnycharles
2) abax
4) Happypaphy 7
5) TyroneGenade
6) djthomp28 (Darlene)

please contact Shane to arrange for shipping , giving him your address , he will tell you what is the shipping cost, once you confirm with Shane , also post here to let other know that you did claim yours , so all of us will know if there is any remain unclaimed flasks .

Exciting that the project is progressing! I had forgotten about the project. I have even less space than before; if there is someone with strong interest and space, perhaps I should be placed at the end of the list and anyone else with interest ahead of me

I think it is doable , because only 2 more names was added just now, Tyrone and Djthomp28 (Darlene) , so I believe that the total number of peoples are still under 19 (the number of flasks)
if you guys are at the same place, you might as well get Papheteer 's flask in the same shipping that Dave ship to you to worth the effort .
By the way, it was strange, I tried to contact everyone , but the conversation feature told me that I can not send the message to you, Dave and Jpaph (don't know why)
Ok I sent a message PM. See if you got it?

I missed this thread the first time around. My condolences on your mother’s passing. If there are any flasks left I would be honored to grow one.

This the latest tally of peoples who will contact Shane for flask so far,
Shane thought that it will be good to ship now since the weather will be cold soon , so we do need the volunteers to confirm that he/she will contact Shane , or no longer have interest , so the next in line can be moved up:

1) SlipperKing (Rick)
2) Duck Slipper
3) littlefrog (Rob)
4) orchid527 (Mike)---------(confirm by Mike)
5) Phred
6) DrLeslieEe-----------------(confirm by Leslie)
7) Dave Sorokowsky---------(confirm by Leslie)
8) Michael Bonda
9) Jpaph
10) Justin
11) papheteer--------------- (confirm by Leslie)

1) abax
2) Happypaphy 7
3) TyroneGenade---------------(confirm by Tyrone)
4) djthomp28 (Darlene)--------(just add in line)
6) richgarrison------------------(just add in line)
6) msummers-------------------(just add in line)
5) cnycharles-------------------(confirm but would like to move to last place)

Last edited:
When would you ship? January is the Paph Forum. Maybe there might be attendees who would be interested?
Shane would like to ship now since the winter is coming and the weather is getting colder quick (I am sure ,January sounds risky for him)

Does anyone know whether Jpaph is still active in the forum ?
I try to contact him to confirm whether he is still interest in the project,
however the "start conversation " does not work
and the stat does not indicate that he is still checking the forum's threads/posts
https://www.slippertalk.com/members/jpaph.67742/

1) SlipperKing (Rick)
2) Duck Slipper--------------(confirm by Dan)
3) littlefrog (Rob)
4) orchid527 (Mike)---------(confirm by Mike)
5) Phred
6) DrLeslieEe-----------------(confirm by Leslie)
7) Dave Sorokowsky---------(confirm by Leslie)
8) Michael Bonda
9) Jpaph
10) Justin
11) papheteer--------------- (confirm by Leslie)

1) abax
2) Happypaphy 7
3) TyroneGenade---------------(confirm by Tyrone)
4) djthomp28 (Darlene)--------(just add in line)
6) richgarrison------------------(just add in line)
6) msummers-------------------(just add in line)
5) cnycharles-------------------(confirm but would like to move to last place)

Latest posts

Back