A favor request to my Slippertalk friends

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked with Shane today , if I heard him right this cross is more fertile than the red vulcano one (perhaps 4 or 5 times more) , I don't think Sam would agree and be bothered to something so small and personal as this effort . I would hope that some one likes Tom (Kalina) wouldn't mind to do it as a favor to a fellow slippertalk member.
If you are up to it , we can reserve 1 flask for you as the 3rd person on the main list , since you are so close to Shane, pick up the flask is also a plus versus shipping, you entered plants for judging before so you have the experience in doing that already .
Happy to pay for the flask, I'm sure I'd be writing him a check for my stuff at the same time.

Up to it, but still feel bad about the last one. Did twenty different flasks that day, but the leucs were the only ones that melted...

Happy to pay for the flask, I'm sure I'd be writing him a check for my stuff at the same time.

Up to it, but still feel bad about the last one. Did twenty different flasks that day, but the leucs were the only ones that melted...
Rob, just likes everyone else on the list, you will not have to pay for the flasking , everyone will only pay for the shipping which I don't think Shane charging high fee. You are close to Shane , you just pick it up after the replated mature enough, and skipping the shipping charge . At this moment I only get the growers list ready in order to communicate with Shane on the number of replating flasks
Maybe we get more lucky this time .

Condolences.
I'm also honored to be mentioned but it is a lot of pressure. lol
Given that the species is a year round warm to hot grower, I would recommend that growers from the South or indoor growers with good light for best results.
At the moment, I am also running out of space but if you do not find all 15 volunteers, then, I would gladly jump on the project.

Condolences.
I'm also honored to be mentioned but it is a lot of pressure. lol
Given that the species is a year round warm to hot grower, I would recommend that growers from the South or indoor growers with good light for best results.
At the moment, I am also running out of space but if you do not find all 15 volunteers, then, I would gladly jump on the project.
Thanks, I think at the moment there is 3 growers on the alternate list , why don't we put your name as no.4 on the alternate list .

To be honest. Ibn in Canada, Mike in the Midwest, Phred in NJ.
I wish shipping orchids to other countries is not an issue .
Mike? just Mike or does he go by another slippertalk name?

Hien

Your objective is worthwhile and I appreciate your contributions to this forum. I would be willing to grow a flask to maturity to see what might happen. I do have experience growing this species from flask. You do not need to pay shipping. Mike

Hien

Your objective is worthwhile and I appreciate your contributions to this forum. I would be willing to grow a flask to maturity to see what might happen. I do have experience growing this species from flask. You do not need to pay shipping. Mike
hi Mike, many thanks to say yes , without helps from slippertalk members such as you, there will be no way this project has a chance to be accomplished. I believe you are number 4 on the Main Growers list

The reason I ask is that back in May 2019 I made a cross of two dark godefroyae, and the cross is quite fertile.
My Mom passed away last year, I hope you guys can help me growing them, and if there is a chance you guys get an award, as a favor just name my mom's name for the awarded clone, and if there is a chance that one of you already get it named , and if the next person feeling generous , he/she could still put her name with number 2 , 3 etc
Hi Hien
Sorry for your loss... I’m humbled by the referral of DrLeslie and NYEric. It would be a pleasure to grow out a flask for you and name one after your mom if awarded. Shane does all of my lab work so it would be no problem to have him ship to me.
I would also recommend you contact Jpaph. He’s in Jacksonville Florida and in my opinion the best Paph growers in the country. Not only is he a good grower he has a keen eye for picking the right plant and getting it awarded... he always amazes me.

Hi Hien
Sorry for your loss... I’m humbled by the referral of DrLeslie and NYEric. It would be a pleasure to grow out a flask for you and name one after your mom if awarded. Shane does all of my lab work so it would be no problem to have him ship to me.
I would also recommend you contact Jpaph. He’s in Jacksonville Florida and in my opinion the best Paph growers in the country. Not only is he a good grower he has a keen eye for picking the right plant and getting it awarded... he always amazes me.
Thank you so much for joining the effort , I will put your name down as no. 5 on the Growers' List. since it is a favor to increase the chance of the seedlings will survive with many growers and increase a chance mom get an orchid clone with her name (essentially we are practicing the idiom "not put all the eggs in one basket") I will not ask for any plants , and that you will own all the plants that you grow out of your flask .
Do you think there is a chance Jpaph would say yes?

Last edited:
Thank you so much for joining the effort , I will put your name down as no. 5 on the Growers' List. since it is a favor to increase the chance of the seedlings will survive with many growers and increase a chance mom get an orchid clone with her name (essentially we are practicing the idiom "not put all the eggs in one basket") I will not ask for any plants , and that you will own all the plants that you grow out of your flask .
Do you think there is a chance Jpaph would say yes?
Yes... I asked him before I referred you to him.

Thank you Michael.

I wasn’t planning for them as I’m in Canada. But after chatting with Dave Sorokowsky, who can ship to me with legal paperwork, I’m rethinking this.

Hien, if you would like to add me and David for a flask each, we can grow them on too. They will accompany my black leuco babies in future!

Thank you Michael.

I wasn’t planning for them as I’m in Canada. But after chatting with Dave Sorokowsky, who can ship to me with legal paperwork, I’m rethinking this.

Hien, if you would like to add me and David for a flask each, we can grow them on too. They will accompany my black leuco babies in future!

I sent Jpaph a note (but the form only allowing 425 words or was it letters?) I can not describe it fully so short. Since he hasn't say yes I will put David and you at number 6 & 7 on the list , and David will take care of the shipping to you .

I sent Jpaph a note (but the form only allowing 425 words or was it letters?) I can not describe it fully so short. Since he hasn't say yes I will put David and you at number 6 & 7 on the list , and David will take care of the shipping to you .
Thanks Hien. Yes David will arrange everything.

Latest posts

Back