A favor request to my Slippertalk friends

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hien

Reaction score
hi everyone ,
I wonder who do you think are the great paph growers in our slippertalk forum in the USA?
I need some names and volunteers .
The reason I ask is that back in May 2019 I made a cross of two dark godefroyae, and the cross is quite fertile.
My Mom passed away last year, I hope you guys can help me growing them, and if there is a chance you guys get an award, as a favor just name my mom's name for the awarded clone, and if there is a chance that one of you already get it named , and if the next person feeling generous , he/she could still put her name with number 2 , 3 etc .
you own all the plants , there maybe a chance to get a few awards from each flask .
Let me know, if you want to do this , I need approx 15 good growers for this mission.
I will pay for all the flasking costs
you only need to pay the shipping when Shane Fletcher contact you .

thanks
godefroyae 'Darkside' photo 1.JPGgodefroyae 'Darkside' photo 2.JPGgodefroyae 'Darkside' photo 3.JPGgodefroyae Red & Black edition photo 1.JPGgodefroyae Red & Black edition photo 2.JPGgodefroyae Red & Black edition photo 3.JPG ,

Last edited:
Awww condolences!

In US, I nominate HappyPahy, LilFrog, GreenPets, Kate, Lori, Phred, TomP, Eric, Duck, Ian, Austin, TomK, Ray, DaveSorokowski... these names are just in my head... sorry if I missed anyone else?
Thank you for the condolence and the list of names, I hope with a little bit of time some of the good growers on your list will see the post and lend a hand , by the way the second flower ' photos were captured when it already passed it peak and a little bit tattered , in reality it was better .
I only have luck with making breeding pod, and lousy at raising seedling , last year I donated all the flasks of another godefroyae red vulcano breeding to Rob and only ask for the result from one flask later.

Last edited:
I keep trying to usurp space at work and they keep frowning at me :) :(
I’m no fantastic paph grower, so people who have space and skill should be first, but if there are still more available I can try to help.

I’d be happy to help, I’m not far away. I’m not on that list level :D unless I have greenhouse space 👍
We might even run into each other at New Jersey's orchid shows previously without realizing .
Anyway , it is the effort of all that counts , I am sure it will give us the chance that somehow we can give my mom a gift of being name for a clone. Would you like to be the third person on the list of growers ?

Last edited:
We might even run into each other at New Jersey's orchid shows previously without realizing .
Anyway , it is the effort of all that counts , I am sure it will give us the chance that somehow we can give my mom a gift of being name for a clone. Would you like to be the third person on the grower list ?

Yes we probably were at nj or sepos shows wandering around at the same time :) . Maybe wait and see how many other people who have space and are really good growers, and if needed I could help after that. I do have small space, so people with bigger areas etc should be before me 👍

Yes we probably were at nj or sepos shows wandering around at the same time :) . Maybe wait and see how many other people who have space and are really good growers, and if needed I could help after that. I do have small space, so people with bigger areas etc should be before me 👍
I understand your sentiment & the logic you think about skill and available environment to grow as the key to the success of the project, I will certainly keep your name 1st on the alternate list then, in case we don't fill the other grower list , many thanks

Hien, I have some space in my greenhouse, however, I'm not a fantastic Paph. grower.
I could be an alternate perhaps.
Thanks , I will put your name on the alternate list as 2nd right after Charles

Hien - I grow them OK. Sam Tsui is the best grower of these that I know, he has special skill with brachys. I get awards, that's a bit of skill but mostly just taking in a lot of plants.

I still have a few of the leucochilum (I think) that you sent a few years ago, but my success was not great... Like, really not great, not sure what happened. Not sure you should trust me with these. But I live half an hour from Shane.

Hien - I grow them OK. Sam Tsui is the best grower of these that I know, he has special skill with brachys. I get awards, that's a bit of skill but mostly just taking in a lot of plants.

I still have a few of the leucochilum (I think) that you sent a few years ago, but my success was not great... Like, really not great, not sure what happened. Not sure you should trust me with these. But I live half an hour from Shane.
I talked with Shane today , if I heard him right this cross is more fertile than the red vulcano one (perhaps 4 or 5 times more) , I don't think Sam would agree and be bothered to something so small and personal as this effort . I would hope that some one likes Tom (Kalina) wouldn't mind to do it as a favor to a fellow slippertalk member.
If you are up to it , we can reserve 1 flask for you as the 3rd person on the main list , since you are so close to Shane, pick up the flask is also a plus versus shipping, you entered plants for judging before so you have the experience in doing that already .

Latest posts

Back