A different kind of guessing game!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mrs. Paph

Rather than a guess the bud game, he's a guess the flower count game! I'll give you the name and description of the plant, along with a picture that shouldn't give away too many clues, and I want your guesses as to how many total flowers you think there will be on this blooming!
Paph. (Somers Isles 'In Charm' x philippinense frm. alboflavum 'In Charm')
I got this plant with 1BS growth and a good start about 2 yrs ago from Ernie, expecting it to bloom relatively soon - well, what with HVAC issues in my TX apartment (that whole wonderful story including the involvement of a turkey baster can be found in another thread:mad::eek:) it just didn't seem to be getting the correct temp signals to bloom. Now that I've been in my own home for a winter, the plant is 4 mature growths, and 4 good starts, an is definitely in bud. Just how many buds is up for guessing though! :evil:

So, whatcha think?? You can go for just guessing the total number of flowers, or get fancy and try to guess the number of spikes and the number of flowers per! It's the kind of cross that might not turn out exactly beautiful, depending on your preference for how petals are held, but not matter what it looks to put on a good show now that it's a big plant and getting more stable, lower temps!

Oh, and I meant to add before someone inevitably asks - no, you don't get the plant as a prize if you guess right :poke: Unless of course it doesn't quite bloom to my liking, then maybe we could talk trade :rollhappy:

If that's the case Robert, it better have them all open for my local society show - Tulsa Orchid Society, April 17-18! With my luck I won't have enough stuff in bloom right at that moment for have a display of my own, but it would at least be nice to contribute something to the society display for my first show!

Just a little update for any that care to guess or re-guess! The spiking is staggered, in the order that the grows matured, so as of this morning, counting only what I can see for Sure, I can confirm that there are at least 5 buds so far :D And if I squint I'm fairly certain that's not quite all there will be! :rollhappy: I'll keep you posted....

Latest posts

Back