A Decade of Slippertalk Collaboration

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Rick

Reaction score
Happy New Year:clap::clap::clap:

Been super busy and will probably disappear again soon, but thought this was an exciting way to start 2017.

In 2006 I got wardii pollen from Gilda's 'Charles' (Gilda in East TN) and put it into a generic wardii I had from Andy's. Both parent plants have subsequently been lost.

This breeding produced some really nice progeny including 'Prince Charles', AM/AOS awarded in 2011.

SlipperKing Rick in TX sent me some pollen from an exceptionally dark wardii clone called 'Blackbird' that I put into one of the other Charles sibs in 2011.

Now here at the end of 2016 I have an open bloom from that 2011 breeding (and my first 2nd generation breeding of a Paph)!

Check these out:wink:

There are 7 growths (mix of post and unbloomed) growths in the Prince Charles basket. The Blackbird/Charles plant has only 2 growths and actually blasted its first bloom this summer (way too hot this summer).

So thank you ST for bringing me together with all these amazing slipper nuts for 10+ years of orchid friendships.

Gilda

Reaction score
North East Tennessee, Z6 , Sunroom, flourecent lig
Hey Rick, Happy to see you're still growing and blooming wardii out of 'Charles' progeny !!!
I see your coming to speak at Asheville..may have to pop in for a visit , although it's an hour and half drive !
Happy New Year and Congratulations !!!!

Last edited:

Rick

Reaction score
Hey Rick, Happy to see you're still growing and blooming wardii out of 'Charles' progeny !!!
I see your coming to speak at Asheville..may have to pop in for a visit , although it's an hour and half drive !
Happy New Year and Congratulations !!!!
Thanks Gilda. It's cool to see you as the first post on this thread.:wink:

abax

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with Dot. The wait is well-rewarded with both
friendships and very nice plants.

JAB

Reaction score
Wardii has become a new love of mine.
Very nice orchids!