A dark cattleya labiata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
42B7F928-A004-492D-8588-8B357D569A1D.jpeg F1DE081E-655F-4745-86E8-BCFEB6386D8D.jpeg
Bought as a seedling of two rubra clones, from a German vendor several years ago.
This is its first good flowering. I’ve lost the tag which listed the parents.
Last year was its first big growth and the buds blasted.
The leaves have so much dark pigment that they often don’t look too healthy when that is mixed with the green of chlorophyll.
Anyway I’m liking the flowers!
David

Nice deep rubra colour, almost an atropurpurea type with that solid lip colour to edge. The shape is actually fantastic for a labiata, very full. Reminiscent of the 'Goliath' cultivar. Definitely show quality, if not awardable. Nicely flowered!

View attachment 16880 View attachment 16881
Bought as a seedling of two rubra clones, from a German vendor several years ago.
This is its first good flowering. I’ve lost the tag which listed the parents.
Last year was its first big growth and the buds blasted.
The leaves have so much dark pigment that they often don’t look too healthy when that is mixed with the green of chlorophyll.
Anyway I’m liking the flowers!
David
Beautiful! Why do you think the buds blasted on the growth last year? I get that more times than I like and it frustrates me. Is it fairly common on younger plants?

Latest posts

Back