A couple recent blooms

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice flowers. Is that a single of wilheiminiae blooming? I had that happen on young plants. Nice shape on the leucochilum. I wouldn't use that peg board as a back drop anymore:poke:

Thanks for the compliments everybody.

Nice flowers. Is that a single of wilheiminiae blooming? I had that happen on young plants. Nice shape on the leucochilum. I wouldn't use that peg board as a back drop anymore:poke:

No, not a single flower, there was one lower on this spike.

As for the peg board, I was trying to match the spots on the flower :D

:DWelcome tusker! :drool: 2 nice paphs! :clap:
Tell us more ..... Where are you located, what are your growing conditions?

Welcome! Lovely Paphs. I actually have both those plants on my wish list at the moment but it's always nice to see the pictures in the meantime.

Welcome!

What is the leaf span and source of your wilhelm?

Leaf span is about 9".

Picked it up from Andy's Orchids at the 2006 Santa Barbara show.

Holy crap, just noticed another sheath on it...hope spraying it down with alcohol, which I did about a minute before seeing the sheath, (stupid spider mites) doesn't dry it out.

No kidding! I got a couple from Andy's in 2002. Mine stay smaller though, with leaf spans in the 6-7 inch range. The flower is very similar.

I wonder if ours are related?

....Holy crap, just noticed another sheath on it...hope spraying it down with alcohol, which I did about a minute before seeing the sheath, (stupid spider mites) doesn't dry it out.
It should be fine!

Back