A couple of pearcei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
I have two different pearcei that happened to have a few blooms at the same time to photograph.

One plant has smaller thinner leaves, but throws taller spikes with pinker flowers with more distinct spotting (2 of the center flowers). The other plant has wider leaves has shorter spikes (but usually more floriferous), and the flowers are slightly larger and greener (outer 3 flowers in the photo). Petal stance and twisting, and staminodes differ a bit two.

I like pearcei.....are the seedlings you sent me last year from one of these?

Those are all gorgeous, Rick! Very nicely bloomed :) I still don't have any pearcei myself... this has reminded me to get some.

- Matt

Park Bear said:
I like pearcei.....are the seedlings you sent me last year from one of these?

Yes. They are a cross of these two parent plants. Or did I send you some lindleyanums?

How far are they from blooming? Several of the ones I've kept back are producing new growths.

You sent both pearcei and lindleyanums. I have separate growths on a few pearcei. I just put a few under the HID lights in basement and they are really growing now. Some are still in the window and are growing much slower. I'll put them outside this year and I'm sure they will double in size.

Latest posts

Back