A couple of paphs for your viewing.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here are two of the many paphs. that are starting to bloom in the green house. First is Paph. bellatulum that was breed by Orchid Inn. It was made using 'Yellow Bird' x 'Yellow Sunset'. I had so hoped that it would have passed on the light yellow to it's offspring. It bloomed last year and I didn't even post it as I was so disappointed that it did not come out yellow. Here is a photo of it's second blooming.

740Paphbellatulum.jpg

Next is one of the whites that are now blooming. As you can see it is a clone of Dottie McDowell. I purchased this plant in Jan. in bloom from Hadley Cash of Marriott Orchids at the World Orchid Conference.

562PaphDottieMcDowellWhiteSatin.jpg

That's some synsepal on the complex! Got some junk in the trunk. :) The rest isn't bad either.

-Ernie

It is still a good looking bellatulum. I also like the color on that Dottie McDowell:)

I really like the yellow tinged bellatulums too, but that is still a beauty. Nice white too. I have just recently bought a few whites...for me it was an aquired taste, but now I love them! Good Growing!

...It bloomed last year and I didn't even post it as I was so disappointed that it did not come out yellow....

If I was you I wouldn't have been disappointed. That's a nice P. bellatulum with a good shape and the maroon dots are in the right size and amount. So the contrast between them and the white/ivory ground colour is nice to see.
Thankx for the invitation to visit your collection but alas I can't come, I'm too busy at the moment. :D :D

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

I think they're beautiful! The bellatulum is gorgeous! I understand your being disappointed if you expected the yellow, but it's a beauty, still! I would love to see your collection etc., but my life is a little crazy right now. :eek: You're right in my back yard! :)

Latest posts

Back