A couple of my blooming paphs

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruth

LovesPaphs
Reaction score
Here's a couple of paphs that are blooming right now. Paph. Barbilight(Barbi Playmate x Nulight 'Hampshire')HCC/AOS and Paph. Pinnochio 'Pippin' x Niveum 'Fog'. I was curious if anyone knows if the Paph. Pinnochio 'Pippin' x Niveum 'Fog' has ever been named?

Attachments

• Barbilight2.jpg
    Barbilight2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Pose31.jpg
    Pose31.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 63
Hi Ruth!
Thanks for posting the Barbilight for comparison.

Pinocchio x niveum has been registered as Paph Taisuco America's Sprite. Your's is a very nice flower and superior to the one shown in OrchidWiz.

The second one is exceptional!! Barbilight looks good, but doesn't give me feeling that" I need to get one now" that the niveum cross does!! Great growing! Diane

:clap::clap:I like both as well but never would expect Pinnochio x niveum to look like that! :drool: :drool:

Thanks for letting know the name. (Paph Taisuco America's Sprite) I bought this at Target about 5 years ago, and it has bloomed every year for me, and this is the 2nd blooming this year. It has 3 flowers on it right now.

They are both lovely !!! congratulations !!! However I'll definetely take the second one with no hesitations. Has any of you found a seller for it yet :)

Very nice flower!

I looked though the photos of Pinocchio hybrids in OrchidWiz and the offspring tend to have narrow petals with some amount of waviness. The petals on yours are much wider and flatter.

Back