A couple more vacation paph photos.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well another one of the paphs. that I brought on vacation to enjoy has opened. Below is one of my favorite species. It is a Paph. bellatulum with no clonal names. Off the top of my head I would say that I purchased it from Spring Water Orchids. The natural spread is 2 3/4 inches. It is being held up with a stick so that we can enjoy the flower.

266Paphbellatulum.jpg

The next flower is one that Hadley of Marriott Orchids gave me a couple of days ago. We drove up to N. Carolina to get some seedlings and visit. I let Hadley pick a number of seedling for me. I gave him complete freedom with the selection. Then I could take them or leave them. I usually ask him for whites or pinks but this time just let him go wild. I had no problem with his selection but there were two expensive ones in the mix that he kept separate and asked if I wanted them. Those two were a villosum v. alba 'Flat Top' x villosum v. alba 'Sunfire' AM/AOS. The second one was (victoria mariae 'Marriott Victory' AM/AOS x self). On this seedling he chose me a select seedling that had a dark base as well as a little darkness along the edge of the leaves.

697PaphVulcunVerdePetticottxPaphSki.jpg

Both blooms are super! Hadley chose you a stunning seedling, and bellatulum you brought looks perfect!!
It must have been fun visiting Marriott Orchids!!

:clap::clap:I like the bella!
...so you took a victoria marie, did you take the villosum alba? or decided that you wanted to go on vaction next year?:poke:

:clap::clap:I like the bella!
...so you took a victoria marie, did you take the villosum alba? or decided that you wanted to go on vaction next year?:poke:

Rose, I took both of the plants.

:clap::clap:Good for you! Fantastic! What a wonderful vacation!
Last summer I caved in for a villosum aureum from Fox Valley, t was a seedling in a 2.5" pot, so price was not really damaging & Tom has nice plants. I have a boxalli that does really well for me so I put the aureum right next to it, hope it takes the hint!:p

Both are nice looking. I like the bellatulum. Cant wait to see the villosum v. alba x and the victoria mariae.

Back