A couple more paphs for your viewing

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The first one is Paph Fumis Delight, which is micranthum x armeniacum. It is a first time bloomer. Blooming on a 5 inch leaf span growth and sporting a 3 inch flower.

6trianglePaphFumisDelight.jpg

Next is Paph Yerba Buena 'White Cap' HCC/AOS x Paph. In-Charm White 'Hsinying'. I tried to show both flowers. The first flower to bloom has a 4" natural spread. The second one that bloomed on the same stem is smaller with a 3" natural spread. You may be able to see, as the flower ages it turn more white.

723.jpg

Once again you can more then likely see water on the flowers as I watered the greenhouse this morning.

I though for sure our Fumi's Delights would get snatched up in the black friday sale. More for us. :p

Two flowers on a complex hybrid-- happy plant there Bob! First bloom, single growth nonetheless!

-Ernie

:clap: Both very nice and I appreciate seeing the SH pot/media !! When you say you "water the greenhouse", do you make sure each SH pot gets filled to the reservoir or is it whatever water gets in the pots is what they get ? Is that hydroton ? Sorry for all the ?'s

When I water the greenhouse, I grab the hose and water. I no longer try to water every pot to the top. I just water each bench from both sides and that is that. So I guesse I'm saying whatever water gets in the pots is what they get. That being said, most are in quart containers so that means they get filled, the larger pots may or may not get filled to the top. Donna actually thinks I spend too much time watering when I do. Not too often but too thorough. In the winter I water once a week and the rest of the year every 5 days. This in a green house. I use hydrocoral, hydroton or what ever I can get locally. I shipped it in the first couple of times and no longer do that. There is a hydrophonic store about an hour from my home so I go there. It's small and I often wonder how it stays in business. It is in a college town so maybe the students are growing things other then orchids :)

I though for sure our Fumi's Delights would get snatched up in the black friday sale. More for us. :p
-Ernie

Well everyone, I took advantage of Ernie's enlightening offer and picked up these 2 Paphs. Sierra Lace x fairrieanum & Vanda Pearman album. Thanx Ernie and good article on lighting in the latest AOS Orchids magazine. :clap:
PB291954.jpg

Latest posts

Back