A couple more Barbilights

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've purchased quite a few of these because of the barbigerum grandparent, looking for the elusive good form combined with small size. Here are the two most interesting recent blooms. Both are first bloom seedlings
Paph Barbilight '#9' (Barbi's Playmate x Nulight) LS-10 inches, total width - 9cm, dorsal width - 6cm The form looked better on this one until the sides of the dorsal reflexed forward.
PaphBarbilight9.jpg

Paph Barbilight '#6' LS - 7 inches, Total width - 7.5cm, dorsal width - 5cm Dorsal reflexed forward on this one, very short stem.
PaphBarbilight6.jpg

Here are both together for comparison.
PaphBarbilight96comparison.jpg

For the present, I'm withholding judgment. #9 is a very vigorous grower with intermediate size. If the dorsal holds shape better, it could be a keeper. #6 is a by far the smallest plant to bloom to date. If the growths maintain the compact size and the flower shape improves some, it will be a keeper for mini breeding, which is what I'm looking for. Here is a picture of the only one I've kept, so far.
PaphBarbilight4.jpg

Very interesting on the size difference! I really like the 'keeper', althought I can also see the potential in the other 2 depending on what you want to do.

Latest posts

Back