A couple Canadian Orchid Shows

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres one more coming up really fast:

2007showposter_a_sm.jpg

Vendors include J and L orchids, Marsh Hollow orchids, Orchids in our Tropicsand Orchid Inn.

Speakers List and topics are:

Friday, March 23, 2007
9:30 am - Doug Kennedy - "Vandas"
1:00 pm - Cordelia Head - "Miniature Orchids"
2:00 pm - Eric Christenson - "Phragmipediums in their Native Habitat" -
Featured will be ecological hints gleaned from nature that are of direct application
by growers."

Saturday, March 24, 2007
10:00 am - Sam Tsui - "Latest Breeding of Paph Multiflorals"
11:00 am - Mario Ferrusi - "Mario's Orchids - A to Z"
1:00 pm - Kathy Creger - "Not so Scary Dracula's"
2:00 pm - Eric Christenson - "Orchids of Costa Rica"

Sadly I won't be able to attend. But if any of our european members are at the Orchid show in Dresden Germany, swing by the Ecuagenera sales table and say 'hi'.

Kyle

Yes, this is an AOS judged show. Its been quite a while since we have not had an AOS judged show. Our members do get some slippers awarded, one that comes to mind is a phrag Don Wimber a couple of years back. Actually it belonged to Mike Gabrealson, a vendor from Edmonton.

This year we have Muttart Conservatory (from Edmonton) doing a display.

Kyle

Thanks for sharing the show, almost as good as being there. Welcome to the board BTW.

Did you happen to jot down any names? (Loved the paph in the 9th shot, and the big pink one in the 20th shot from Toronto).:clap:

OrchidNorth said:
Thanks for sharing the show, almost as good as being there. Welcome to the board BTW.

Did you happen to jot down any names? (Loved the paph in the 9th shot, and the big pink one in the 20th shot from Toronto).:clap:

the 20th is Paph Constance "Nicki Lynn" I dont know about the 9th

I agree, the 20th photo from the Toronto 2007 show is to die for. I also like the Lycastes in Photo #42 and the Sarco...hybrids in the background of the last photo. from that show. Thanx for the photos. :p

:clap: You guys are good, thanks for the ID's! Now if only I could find them.

Back