A Christmas Fritz

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This opened yesterday on Christmas day.
It’s a decent flower with a good dorsal and should improve as the plant isn’t yet mature. The leaf span of the flowering growth is just under 50cm and the flower is 9cm across. My largest FS has a flower span of 12.5cm, so it is considerably smaller, but then this is probably diploid and the large one a confirmed triploid.
It was bought as a seedling maybe 7 years ago from Ratcliffe’s and is originally from the EYOF. One of the parents maybe besseae flavum.
I managed to grow it up and flower it once and then I almost killed it and it lost most of its roots. It’s been a long way back, probably about three years of recuperation.
8ECEC6B4-DE23-4B19-9B8D-DB6B68C71CFA.jpeg
2CABD6D1-9D27-4F61-8A27-C58373F398A6.jpeg
David

Here it is as part of a group shot.
Left to right is this diploid Fritz, La Vingtaine, the very last bloom on the Mem.Mariza Rolando and a triploid Fritz. At the bottom is a plant bought as schlimii ‘wilcox’ but we now know as cardinale.
EC6F6151-3408-4B48-85E5-38C45507F2F2.jpeg
6CD6FF32-AA0A-4FCB-8CCD-9D9C92BEA791.jpeg
David

This opened yesterday on Christmas day.
It’s a decent flower with a good dorsal and should improve as the plant isn’t yet mature. The leaf span of the flowering growth is just under 50cm and the flower is 9cm across. My largest FS has a flower span of 12.5cm, so it is considerably smaller, but then this is probably diploid and the large one a confirmed triploid.
It was bought as a seedling maybe 7 years ago from Ratcliffe’s and is originally from the EYOF. One of the parents maybe besseae flavum.
I managed to grow it up and flower it once and then I almost killed it and it lost most of its roots. It’s been a long way back, probably about three years of recuperation.
View attachment 17433
View attachment 17434
David
Bravo. That recovery is a real testament to your passion, skill and patience.

Latest posts

Back