A bunch of different Paph. delenatii's

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

It is delenatii season here at Orchids Limited, so I thought I would post some pictures of all the different forms:

The first is a division from a plant originally owned by Ross Hella: delenatii 'Deerwood' AM/AOS. It is a tetraploid delenatii, and received an AM/AOS. the flowers are pretty huge:

PaphdelenatiiDeerwoodAMAOS4N-close-2212011.jpg

Next a picture of a diploid delenatii 'Pink Lady'. This one was selected for the size of the flowers; they are almost as big at the tetraploid clone 'Deerwood'. The only thing I don't like about this clone, is how the petals reflex:

PaphdelenatiiPinkLady-close-3612.jpg

Next is another diploid delenatii: 'My Time' this clone has excellent shape, but the flowers are a little smaller comapred to 'Pink Lady':

PaphdelenatiiMyTime3612.jpg

One of our awarded album delenatii's: 'White Wonder' AM/AOS:
PaphdelenatiialbumWhiteWonderAMAOS.jpg

PaphdelenatiialbumWhiteWonderAMAOS-plant-3612.jpg

One of our vinicolor delenatii's:
PaphdelenatiivarvinicolorDunkel-plant-3612.jpg

PaphdelenatiivarvinicolorDunkel3612.jpg

The bad thing about the vinicolor delenatii's is that the flowers have pretty poor shape, with the dorsal sepal that usually reflexes. I crossed it onto our better shaped 'My Time' clone to hopefully improve on the shape. Here is one of the seedlings from 'My Time' x var vinicolor 'Dunkel'. The shape has definately improved and I would say the color is inbetween the 2 forms:

PaphdelenatiiDarkTime3612.jpg

Robert

Interesting result and nice shape on the delenatii x delenatii var dunkel cross. Are you taking the next step and sib crossing it?

Thanks! Yes, I sibbed them, and backcrossed one back to a vinicolor (Dunkel).

Robert

Latest posts

Back