A big hello from the Netherlands

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Marc

Hi just registered here and I want to make use of the opurtunity to say hello.

HI!

For starters something about me.

My name is Marc but that's quite obvious, I'm currently 30 years of age and I live in the Netherlands. Those who live there or are familair with the country should be able to tell were I live with a little help from my avatar.

I've recently picked up interest in Orchids in general and espescially in the best orchids in the world Ladyslippers! :drool: I grew up in a family were both my parents were and still are very active in orchid hobby. So my destiny was more or less sealed at my birth. :p I used to have a couple of ladyslippers when I was a very young kid but as I grew older and my hormones started playing up I lost interested in orchids and had my dad sell them of and spend the money on something else.

But as life in general, all things change so since 2008 I'm living together with my girlfriend. When the first visitors came over and brought a long gifts we recieved our first Phals, which recieved their attention and which grew well on our windowstills. In 2009 however I had the oppurtinity to buy my first Paph since my early years and because the plant was cheap I didn't have to think long about it.

In 2010 I recieved various paphs from my parents including some no id's. By this time the seed for a new hobby was planted ( or was it when I was born :p ), the seed has germinated and now I'm probably "doomed" to be a orchid hobbyist for the rest of my life. :p Since last year I've slowly expanded my collection with a couple of paph's.

I found my way to this forum while searching the internet for info on Paphs with google. I've been lurking here for a month or two now and now I've signed up. I'm looking forward to my stay here and I hope to post my first pictures here within a couple of weeks.

Welcome Marc
Being a newby myself to this forum I can say "what a smart move"!
You will enjoy it! This forum is packed with experienced growers and all around nice people.
Have Fun!
Jim

Welkom van Western Australia en hoe gaat het met jou ??. I think you are doomed to be an orchid/Paph addict. Happy Paph growing.

Hi Marc, nice to have 1 more Hollandse Jongen on board!!!! Checking through the Netherlands regional flags, I came to South-Holland: Noord-Brabant (where more precisely :) ?).

Anyway, welcome from Luxembourg (you know that our national flags look much alike) Jeanj

Thanks for the nice welcome everyone :)

Checking through the Netherlands regional flags, I came to South-Holland: Noord-Brabant (where more precisely :) ?).

Sorry but your wrong there the flag of Noord Brabant is a red and white checkered flag. The flag I have in my avatar is the flag of the province Limburg. :arrr:

too bad these Internet-informations :D!! =>http://www.flagchart.net/gewaters.htm

Jean

I took a look at the site and it's a site with flags of the Netherlands polder boards . They are the people who maintain our ***** and everything that has to do with the fight vs the water that has been done in my country for ages.

Luckily I live high above the sea level and only the rives Maas / Meuse affects the province I live in.

This is the flag your looking for:

http://www.flagchart.net/flags/nl-li.html

Back