A 2nd new species

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those that don't Facebook ....

m2iaqsL.jpg

some paphs are just ugly................
wait a few years , its beauty may grow on you .
I remember , when paph tranlienianum first showed up , I really liked its strange look , but most peoples said it is ugly , now most paph growers like that species.

no, this one will stay ugly..................

ok, perhaps it is ugly and it will stay ugly :wink: and I should not say" its beauty may grow on you" but say "maybe its strangely ugliness will grow on you" instead

Interesting. Do we have an actual link to a published article other then a screenshot of Facefuck?

Thanks

I am told the seed of these new species is already in laboratories in several countries. Thats a good thing.

no, this one will stay ugly..................

It is only ugly when you are constrained by the odd, artificial and conformist notions of what makes a good orchid hybrid in my opinion. The pursuit of unnaturally large, round, and perfectly flat flowers is a galaxy away from what orchids are in the wild. I dont pursue awards or these ideals, so it makes no difference to me.. I like an orchid for all its oddities and this one I would grow. :poke:

Back