Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm itching to have a say on religion but maybe this is the wrong forum. But I will say: It's 2012, time people open their eyes:poke:

While religion is an easy target, its not the religion, but the actions of its believers. While much is made (in the US) of the official stance of the Catholic Church against birth control, the reality is that most (US) Catholics do not share their church's stance. They may support their church, but they also support access to birth control, the practice of birth control, and, yes, they use it themselves. The Catholic countries of Europe are experiencing low population increases, frequently negative population growth. Other Catholic countries vary in their use of birth control...but one thing quickly becomes clear, and it overrides all religion: Education!!!!!!! An educated populace practices birth control, regardless of its religion. Education enables the full exercise of free will! Ensure a good education, and people will figure out how to reconcile their religion with their conscience, and act accordingly.

Trust me...there are millions upon millions of uneducated Catholics on this planet, and most of them do follow what the Church instructs with ignorant faith. I do blame the Church, because the Church could fess up and say, "Okay, we screwed up on this one. We had no idea what the hell we were talking about. You can go ahead and use birth control, in fact, please use it, everyone, please!"

Sure, I agree, let's educate everyone, but it's high time for the Church to stand up with a big "Mea culpa" too. This infallability sh_t is for the birds! :mad:

Now don't get me started on the rest of the religions of the world. Tonight they all look to me like they need new orifices ripped "where the sun don't shine." :evil: It's no wonder this planet is so messed up and overflowing with environmentally-reckless Homines sapientes. Billions of minds are filled with misinformation and outright lies and are corrupted with superstition and a sense of divine entitlement. It's enough to destroy any planet!

Last edited:
Presently all 5 seconds a baby dies in this world, terrible.
Presently all 400 milliseconds a baby is born on this planet, more terrible.

Much luck to all of them.

Back