6 New Phalaenopsis Hybrid

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigleaf

Reaction score
My flasks are coming back quicker than I have time to deflask them. I am trying different directions to create a variety of flowers. I hope to offer seedlings of these soon.

•F1129 Phal (Joy Micholitz-Ludde 'WOC' X venosa 'TH')
F1129.JPG

•F1130 Phal (Jong's Celebe Amah 'Peter Lin' X Mem. Liu Jin-Chyuan)
F1130.JPG

•F1131 Phal stuartiana (stuartiana 'Joy' X stuartiana 'Yellow 09')
F1131.JPG

•F1132 Phal (Yungho Princess Gelb 'HF' X doweryensis)
F1132.JPG

•F1133 Phal (Joy Spring Tina 'Tina' X (Chang Maw Evergeen X Kung's Green Star) 'KS')
F1133.JPG

•F1134 Phal ((Jade Gold X Penang Girl) X Yungho Gelb Canary 'Joseph Wu')
F1134.JPG

•F1135 Phal (Mambo 'Jungo Tiger' X Yungho Princess Gelb 'HF')
F1135.JPG

Interesting! What are you trying to achieve from the crossings??? Because I am thinking that you could cross stuartiana with one that has slim petals...

That is a GREAT venosa, BTW. And I have photographed some really good ones.

I'm curious what you're hoping for with F1130. What do you think will come through?

Phal (Jong's Celebe Amah 'Peter Lin' X Mem. Liu Jin-Chyuan)

I'm curious what you're hoping for with F1130. What do you think will come through?

Sorry for my late reply.
F1130 Phal (Jong's Celebe Amah 'Peter Lin' X Mem. Liu Jin-Chyuan)

Pod parent Phal Jong's Celebe Amah 'Peter Lin is a hybrid of celebensis. This cultivar is a selected plant from hybridizer because its spikes are shorter and branching - producing many flowers. Most of its sister plants have very long inflorescences like most of the Phal celebensis hybrids do. When I saw this plant at the nursery in Taiwan 2007, I have to have it. I haven't done it justice to grow it well yet. You can see from the photo taken at the nursery, this plant has loads of buds.

Phal_Jong's_Celebe_Amah_PL_2007.JPG

Phalaenopsis Jong's Celebe Amah (Phalaenopsis Rong Guan Amah X Phalaenopsis celebensis)

Because I primarily ship my plants - I to make phalaenopsis with short inflorescences.

Pollen Phal Memoria Liu Jin-Chyuan is a lobbii hybrid with big colored orange-red lips. Phal lobbii (ones from Vietnam) and its hybrids are not the easiest to grow. So the purpose of this hybrid is to produce multiflora, short spikes, easy to grow plants with big showy lips.

Here are more pictures of Phalaenopsis Jong's Celebe Amah 'Peter Lin' that I took in 2009. I'm imaging something like this, but hopefully more color and wider lips. I might not get the results that I hope for - but it's worth a try. It will be interesting at the very least, because both species Phal celebensis and Phal lobbii are very dominate in flower form. We will see which one wins.

Phal_Jong_s_Celebe_Amah_PL_20090106b.JPG

Phal_Jong_s_Celebe_Amah_PL_20090106d.JPG

I'm very interested in the stuartiana cross... hoping I can pick one up from you when they're ready!

Latest posts

Back