53rd Paphiopedilum Guild in Morro Bay, CA

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Reaction score
A treasure for all Californians (and otherwise), this group of about 100 enthusiasts welcome new faces. This is a great opportunity to meet some of the big shots of the paph world in a very friendly situation in a beautiful part of the world. Hope some of you can make it...It's on MLK day weekend, January 17-18, 2009

Thank God the meeting isn't held at Ascot Suites in Morro Bay. If for some reason the Paph Guild hotel fills up, DON'T stay at Ascot Suites. You'll be sorry.

Don't know if I will attend, but it sounds like a blast. Thanks for the info.

Is anyone on here planning on attending? Im seriously considering...so just wondering if I should look for any of ya.

I'll be there. Fred Clarke typically attends, as does Norito Hasegawa, Sam Tsui, and Jerry Fischer.

This is one of the premier slipper orchid events in the U.S., and I highly recommend it. Just being able to talk to Harold Koopowitz is worth the admission; his advice and insights regarding CITES, conservation, etc. are very timely, not to mention his many orchid adventures. Go if you can!

Registration

You can only register for both days - there is no single day registration.

Make sure when you reserve your room that you request one with heat. They gave me a room with no heat and the space heater kept tripping the circuit breaker. After a lot of complaining they finally found another room. When I checked out the poor girl at the desk asked how I enjoyed my stay, and I told her how bad my stay was. The people at the guild are the best. The steak dinner Friday night is real special. Other than no heat the Inn was first rate. Rusty

Latest posts

Back