Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my experience, that's just what fast growth is like. The new leaf begins to emerge when the previous leaf is half-grown.

looks normal, the somewhat stunted leaf is growing under different conditions than what it started with, so it tends to grow smaller because it is also adapting and that takes some energy and resources that makes the plant less efficient in size of growth ..the newest leaf will be coming into the new conditions already adapted and should grow bigger. Sometimes, though it takes a couple leaves to get back to the size of the biggest leaf you have on the plant

They are growing great but you are giving.them too much light. bella leaves should be much darker.

I thought 12 inches is too close too.

If you have not fertilized yet but there are some residue on the leaves, are you using tap water?

I find this species a very good grower more so on the new line breeding.

Never the less, good growing and thanks for sharing.

I'm with Justin.
They look great and the only thing that looks odd is how pale they are.

If you can, reduce the intensity of the light.
I don't see any effect of shortening the light hours.
Even if you were to give say, one hour of light, when too strong, the plant would burn or suffer otherwise.

Some of my Paphs began to look bleached when they were moved to artificial light as early as just one week!
When I moved those back to natural light or reduced the number of light bulbs, they gradually but rather instantly began to return to the "normal" level of green.

Reducing the duration of light will help.

Eric does make a good point...they do look a little strange for bella which normally has rounded leaves. But flasklings can often look different. Maybe send Sam a pic he would know. Since bella can bloom 3 years from flask you won't have too long to wait.

Everything looks fine and great but Im curious about the leaves pattern maybe to early to comment.

My bellatulum 4 months post deflasked.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 22
DIN's look more like what I would expect for straight bellatulum. I remember the cells on the top being like a clear thick surface with the green color below. I wish there was a Paph geneticist you could send a sample to. Good luck, keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back