43,000+ unread posts

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, well, it's been quite a few months. My cousin was diagnosed with leukemia and I've been going to see him whenever I had time (it's a long drive to SF from LA). Between working 40 hours and traveling, most of my plants perished, but amazingly most of the ones that I really hold dear survived (including my mexi and my compots). All of my cacti and my carnivorous plants survived. I was just given a major promotion so I can't do much in the way of traveling. It's been an emotionally taxing summer and I look forward to being settled again. I am starting to slowly rebuild my collection. I just bought a nice bessae (that's right NYEric). It's really relieving to see that things are up and running here. Where's Heather?

:clap: Welcome back, we missed you!
Hope things go well for your cousin.
Sorry to hear about the plants!
Congrats on the promotion!

I moved it for you, though I don't think anyone would have noticed. I've sure noticed your absence and glad to see you back! Sorry about your cousin. I hope he/she is doing o.k.

Heather's back now and living near us:> Yup, she's a CA. girl now!

Julia, I wish I could say things have been great, but I'd be a liar. Did you make it to the S.B. orchid fair this last weekend(I think?)?

Glad to have u back Julia!!!!! I wish quick treatment and recovery for your cousin and congrats on your promotion!!

Sorry to hear that Candace. It's been a strange year for people. Did you get that second greehouse up and running? No, I didn't make it to the SB fair. I also missed Norito's lecture. My boyfriend's family was in town and sucked up all my free time like the vampires that they are (not bitter at all). I am so happy to have my space back.

It's mostly up, but all the systems still need to be installed. With our temps lately, it's just sitting there.

We just had family here too. I miss my 4 year old niece and 8 year old nephew already:<

Here I was thinking that I have 14,000 unread but after reading your post things don't look so bleak.

Good to see you again Candace.

Back