3 Paphs in Bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruth

LovesPaphs
Reaction score
Paph Double Deception
I have had this paph for 10 years, and this is only the 2nd time it has bloomed. It likes growing under lights

Paph Niobe
First bloom seedling from Deerwood Orchids. I've had it for about a year and a half. I think it out did it's self. Thanks Ross

Paph fairrieanum
This is my favorite orchid, and it turned out great. This is the 3rd time it has bloomed for me and it is much bigger than the last 2 times.

Most of my paphs seem to have much longer stems since I have been growing under lights. I think they are telling me that they want a little more light. Looks like I need to check closer for cat hair.

Ooooooo niiiiiice faerie. I've not learned to grow this
one well, but I'm workin' on it. Actually, I do much
better with faerie than with faerie bird. Bird seems
quite unhappy with me. Any recommendations?

So good flowers! All of them are very beautiful. But the Niobe is my personal favorite. Do you know if fairrieanum is the pollen parent?

the long stems are natural, not due to light. the leaves look right so you have the perfect light level for these three.

nice blooms!

Paph Double Deception
I have had this paph for 10 years, and this is only the 2nd time it has bloomed. It likes growing under lights...

Nice flower and absolutely lovely foliage on this one.

Paph fairrieanum
This is my favorite orchid, and it turned out great. This is the 3rd time it has bloomed for me and it is much bigger than the last 2 times...

The blooms on P. fairrieanum are so exotic looking. A favorite of mine too.

Most of my paphs seem to have much longer stems since I have been growing under lights. I think they are telling me that they want a little more light. Looks like I need to check closer for cat hair.

What type of tubes (T12, T8, T5 or other?) do you have your paphs under? I am moving a lot of my paphs under lights from the windowsills. I am also figuring out how much light is needed. So far all are growing fine under fluorescent lights.

Looks like you're mastering the fairrie well. Yours has a beautiful flower. The Niobe is just as nice.

All three are beautiful.

Do you attribute the second flowering of the Double Deception to having placed it under lights, or is it just that it has been growing to blooming size all these years? The pattern on its leaves is gorgeous. The blooms are icing on the cake. ^_^

Latest posts

Back