3 Paphs in Bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you attribute the second flowering of the Double Deception to having placed it under lights, or is it just that it has been growing to blooming size all these years? The pattern on its leaves is gorgeous. The blooms are icing on the cake. ^_^

I think bringing it indoors and placing it under lights certainly helped. My greenhouse was too cool, and I don't think it liked that. I am really glad that it has finally started to bloom again. I also think all of my orchids that are indoors get much more attention and I'm sure that has helped.

Thank your for all the nice comments. I love farrie's
love the Niobe.
Well grown plant
Thank you

But the Niobe is my personal favorite. Do you know if fairrieanum is the pollen parent?
The tag says spicerianum x farrieanum. Isn't the first one listed the pod parent???

the long stems are natural, not due to light. the leaves look right so you have the perfect light level for these three.
Thanks, I did not know that

What type of tubes (T12, T8, T5 or other?) do you have your paphs under?
I have them under 2 T8's, and one is 6500k, and one is 3500k. I think that one is warm and one is cool. The other crazy thing I have done is that I read somewhere that plants do better with red(like setting them on a red table), and I have them all on red trays. Don't know if it does any good?:)

I have them under 2 T8's, and one is 6500k, and one is 3500k. I think that one is warm and one is cool. The other crazy thing I have done is that I read somewhere that plants do better with red(like setting them on a red table), and I have them all on red trays. Don't know if it does any good?:)

Your comment on the color red being a growth aid is the first I've heard of that advice. I also have some red trays and will put some paphios on them under the lights to see if having the plants on red will help or not.

Most of my fluorescent fixtures are the T12, but I have been adding a few T8 fixtures as I add new plant stands. The only T5 I have is a 36" fixture in the kitchen, it is actually under-cabinet lighting for the countertop. I have a cool white bulb in that one and use the area for isolating new plants from the rest of my collection. Seems to be working well, I can keep my eye on the new plants. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen area.

Latest posts

Back