3 paphs blooming for New year

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sangii

malipo nut
Reaction score
Happy (late) New year to all of you, paph friends !

here are 3 paphs that opened just on time for New Year :

Shun Fa Golden = malipoense x hangianum. this one inherited hangianum wonderful smell. Large flower (14 cm across, 12 cm high). first bloom on a single growth plant

dsc05624dz1.jpg

tranlienianum

dsc05625fi6.jpg

charlesworthii, color is a bit disappointing this year
dsc05613em6.jpg

I like the staminode on this species
dsc05617bn7.jpg

Last edited:
I want a tranlienianum. Do not know if they are legal in the U.S. though.

You have three very nice orchids.

All of them are really gorgeous! How long did it take for your Shun Fa Golden to open out all of the way? Mine has been opening since just before New Year's but it isn't quite there yet...

I want a tranlienianum. Do not know if they are legal in the U.S. though.

You have three very nice orchids.

1) First you make a large order of tranlienianum plants from Vietnam, if you could, get them to send plants with blooms, or better yet plants with seed pods.

2) Then you make an anonymous call to Custom at your port. suggest them sending the plants directly to a rescue center. Better yet receive the plants and send them directly to the Rescue centers.

3) Don't forget to pay the seller, do not claim that the package is lost (this is only an ethical thing to do),

4) Wait a few years, voila`, all of us will be the beneficiaries of your good deed.

Last edited:
All of them are really gorgeous! How long did it take for your Shun Fa Golden to open out all of the way?

I was away from home for about 1 week and the bud had just started opening before I left. So I'd say it took about 8 days alltogether

Thanks very much! I guess I still have a few more days to wait then!! Did you also notice a change in colour, too? Mine seems to be going from a light yellowish green to a deeper goldish colour.

They're all beautiful; but, I see what you mean about the charlesworthii. The pouch is great and the petals nicely shaped. The dorsal definitely seems to have been adversly affected by something...maybe chemical burn? Well, I hope it colours up better next time because otherwise, it's very nice!

Great trio Lilo! The charlesworthii looks a bit dehydrated. Maybe it was too dry at a critical stage of bud developement.

Latest posts

Back