3 of my Phal Hybrids that are going to the Chicago Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

Yes, besides Phrag, and Paph breeding I also breed Phalaenopsis Hybrids. Below are some pictures of 3 of my Hybrids that we are taking to the Chicago Show for display.

The first is Phal. Devenia Jean. This is actually my 2nd Hybrid that I created. It is a cross between a old pink hybrid (Antique Rose) and Phal. schilleriana purpurea, which is the large form of the regular schilleriana and probably a tetraploid.

PhalDeveniaJean-plant-3182009.jpg

PhalDeveniaJean-close2-3182009.jpg

PhalDeveniaJean-close-3192009.jpg

The second one is Phal. Tahiti. It is a croos between Phal. Reijiro Wakatsuki (a novelty yellow and spotted hybrid) and a large pink (Kaaladian Rose). Most of the seedlings were pink to peach in color. This was the only one that turned out yellow, with a distinct pink blush.

PhalTahitiPinkFlush-plant-3182009.jpg

PhalTahitiPinkFlush3182009.jpg

PhalTahitiPinkFlush-close-362009.jpg

The third, is one I named after my granddad and Uncle (who both have the same name): Cornelis Quene. It is a cross between Phal. Brother Precious Stones, and Dtps. Pixie Star. There were other seedlings out of this cross that had better shape and color, but I like this clone for it's white Picotee edge.

DtpsCornelisQuenePicotee-plant-3182.jpg

DtpsCornelisQuenePicotee-close4-318.jpg

DtpsCornelisQuenePicotee-close2-318.jpg

Robert

Cool, thanx for posting. I was wondering what category the 2nd one was till I read the whole post. If judged, good luck. There will have to be a complex Phal category soon! :p

:clap:Looking forward to seeing them! I'm helping with setup Fri for a couple of hours & clerking on Sat.

Beautiful! The picotee edging on the third one IS very sweet! Nice hybrids. Good luck! ;)

Well the plants are back at Orchids Limited.

Dtps. Cornelis Quene and Phal. Devenia Jean both got a Blue ribbon (First Place) and Phal. Tahiti got a red ribbon (Second Place). No AOS awards were given to any of our plants this time.

Robert

Congrats and better luck next time. Out of curiosity, what class was was the Phal, Tahiti judged in Yellow or pink?

There is a different class for Blush petaled Phals, so I put it in that class.

Robert

I saw your plants at the show - they were all outstanding. They caught my eye. PM me if you have or in the future have stem props of the Phal Devenia Jean or the Dpts. Cornelius Quene. I have a weakness for schilleriana hybrids.
Leo

wow, I am neither a big fan of Phal hybrids nor of pink flowers, but I must admit that both Dtps. Cornelis Quene and Phal. Devenia Jean are really cute...

Latest posts

Back