3 Henry sibs

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
I hope we're not burnt out on henryanums yet. Here's 3 sibs from a breeding I did with DustyAtticStuff back in 2005. I got the seedlings out of flask from TM in 8/2007. I saved these four (after losses, sales, and trades). The one I put into the basket bloomed last year, but 3 of 4 are blooming this year. I included the unbloomed plant in the pic to rub his nose into it:poke::poke:

3henrys2012.jpg

The middle flower is my favorite, but it's only recently opened, and we'll see if it reflexs like its brothers.

There can never be too many henrys! :D

Love them all three, especially Mr. Chubby in the middle. :smitten:

And I like that you are using bully techniques to get the fourth one to bloom, too. :wink:

It isn't even possible for me to get "burned out" on seeing orchid photos. Very nice!

Those are looking good Rick!

How are the seedlings doing that I sent you?

Awesome. I separated a couple out into individual pots/baskets, but I really need to get them out of the compot. Compared to the last time I grew out a flask (the ones just blooming now) these new ones (from our cross) are growing at a much faster rate. BTW, one of the parents of these flowers is the same as the one I sent you pollen from, so hopefully they will all look like the big chunker in the middle.

I think I lost 2 years on these guys due to high K fert and TDS buildup. There are some old threads on ST where I talked about this batch of seedlings, and trying things like mycorhrizal inoculants, bone meal, epsom salts and other things to try to get them to grow when they were little.

The middle flower is my favorite, but it's only recently opened, and we'll see if it reflexs like its brothers.

Maybe you give an update in a few days!!!!

Imo, they are most fotogenic when freshly opened (and not yet reflexed :) )!! Jean

Here's Chubby a couple days later with an unrelated girlfriend (clonal name 'Glenda Taylor')
ChubbyandGlendaA.jpg

ChubbyandGlendaB.jpg

Glenda has some nice big spots. The synsepal is also well spotted.
GlendaCU.jpg

Latest posts

Back