3 giant hangianum, before the massive post

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roth

Reaction score
3 hangianum, the giant form that time. I have little time to sort out all the other pics, so I choose 3 random of the ones currently blooming... I moved them from my first place to the second place, apparently they did not like it that much...

16 cm hangianum 'Rocco':

hangianumgiant1cw1.jpg

17 cm hangianum 'Stallion'

hangianumgiant2ii6.jpg

and 22 cm (!)

hangianum 'Great Pretender' :evil:
hangianumgiant3ki9.jpg

I will post more pics in the coming days of hangianum ( like huonglanae, I have to carefully choose the clonal names...)

The first one is blooming on a very average looking 25 cm leafspan plant with quite narrow leaves. 22cm is so far the largest one I have ever bloomed. Clearly it is possible to gain 2-3 more cm in the next flowerings.

Hello Sanderianum,
very nice, do you have photo from hangianum forma album?

Hope to see more of them, Sanderianum.
Please post as many pictures as they come to flower.
Jason from Orchid Limited mentioned about the one he saw in Japan: 11 inches ( 27.9 cm) flower. that is gigantic , 1-1/2 time larger than the largest kovachii, and twice the size of an average kovachii.

Hope to see more of them, Sanderianum.
Please post as many pictures as they come to flower.
Jason from Orchid Limited mentioned about the one he saw in Japan: 11 inches ( 27.9 cm) flower. that is gigantic , 1-1/2 time larger than the largest kovachii, and twice the size of an average kovachii.

Hangianum flood coming :evil:

Selecting hangianum is really very difficult. In fact, except the occasionnal huge and round shape flower like the Rocco one, when the flowers are really large, they tend to have a more "oval" to flat shape. For myself I prefer the quite round shape, no matter too much the size of the flower, even 12-14 cm is better with a "perfect shape" and very good color than 25cm with a bad shape...

Maybe breed the best of both shapes so depending on which way the fashion of form goes you'll be coverd?! Keep the great pics coming:clap: I'm green with envy.

Hello,

Does the size of the plant reflect the future size of the flower (big plants = big flowers) ??

Hello,

Does the size of the plant reflect the future size of the flower (big plants = big flowers) ??

No, there are different colonies with different flower types, forms and sizes. Big plants with big flowers, very small plants with big flowers, big plants with small flowers ( 8 cm flowers 60 cm leafspan plants...), some with red petals, very few hyperchrome. Some with large flowers and ugly shape, large flowers and beautiful shape, etc...

As a general rule, the plants that are sold usually "as is" from Taiwan are with known flowers... A "colony" will have good quality flowers, or poor quality flowers, regardless of the size and shape of the plants..., so they bloom one or two, know the quality of that peculiar batch, precultivate them a couple of months or years and sell them all at shows outside of Taiwan if the quality is too low

Latest posts

Back