2015 Paph Forum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
LADYSLIPPER ENTHUSIASTS

SAVE THIS DATE!
2015 NATIONAL CAPITAL ORCHID SOCIETY

35TH ANNUAL

PAPHIOPEDILUM FORUM
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2015
Tentative Venue*
THE UNITED STATES NATIONAL ARBORETUM
3501 NEW YORK AVENUE NE, WASHINGTON, DC 20002
(202) 245-2726, WEB SITE: WWW.USNA.USDA.GOV
*We are awaiting confirmation of this venue
The 35th annual NCOS Paph Forum will feature internationally-renowned speakers, an unparalleled selection of Paphiopedilum and Phragmipedium plants for sale by leading vendors, a show table featuring hundreds of slippers in bloom, ribbons and trophies for outstanding show plants, door prizes, a silent auction to benefit the Slipper Orchid Alliance (SOA) and American Orchid Society judging.
Sales begin at 8:00 am, the program begins at 9:45 am, and the event concludes at 4:30 pm.
Pre-registration is required. The entry fee of includes lunch and a door prize.

2015 PAPH FORUM SPEAKERS

Terry Root– Orchid Zone, California

Theresa Hill -Hillsview Gardens; Mulino, Oregon

Paul Sheetz– Just Pat Orchids; Pennsylvania

TBD – National Capital AOS Judging Center
“Overview of Recent Slipper Awards”

The silent auction is to benefit the slipper alliance. There will be slips of paper for each item (like a plant), and you write your name and bid, and someone else can write a new higher bid. The end time is around 3, and if you don't stay, they will contact you about getting the money from you and the item to you.

New details:

35TH ANNUAL PAPHIOPEDILUM FORUM
Saturday, February 14, 2015
US National Arboretum (confirmed)

Pre-registration required; entry fee is $50.
Participation limited to first 150 registrants.
More details at http://ncos.us/ncos/paph.htm

2015 PAPH FORUM SPEAKERS
Terry Root– California
The Orchid Zone, Moss Landing, CA
“The Orchid Zone: The Next Generation”

David Sorokowsky – California
Paph Paradise, Lockeford, CA
“Alba Paphiopedilum-A review of species, genetics and their
influence on hybrids”

Paul Sheetz – Pennsylvania
JustPat Orchids, Honey Brook, PA
"Hybrids & Awards of William W. Wilson/Penn Valley Orchids"

Bryan J. Ramsay – Maryland
National Capital AOS Judging Center
“Overview of Recent Slipper Awards”
2015 PAPH FORUM VENDORS
Confirmed Plant Vendors: Cove Corporation, MD; Floradise Orchids, VA; Just Pat Orchids, PA; Marriott Orchids, NC; Orchid Zone, CA (via pre-order*); Paph Paradise, CA (via pre-order**); Woodstream Orchids, MD.
*Contact [email protected] for further information on Orchid Zone pre-orders. All sales will be processed through the central register at the event.
**See this link for pre-orders from Paph Paradise. All sales will be processed through the central register at the event.
Confirmed Supply Vendor: Quarter Acre Orchids, VA.
NCOS Member Plant Sales: Members current on NCOS 2015 dues and pre-registered for the Forum may sell slipper orchids.
Slipper Orchid Alliance: Silent Auction.

(Agenda should be posted on the website soon: ncos.us/ncos/paph.htm
Also pre-order list for Paph Paradise to be posted soon)

The link to pre-orders from Paph Paradise does not seem to be available yet. Thanks.

Thanks for the registration form. For some reason on my computer all I see is
the general announcement of the event down to the list of speakers but nothing else.

Thanks yes, I read that but it seems mismatched like someone tied the wrong email address to the vendor name. It looks wrong because you would expect a Woodstream preorder to go through woodsteeam3@etc and an orchidzone preorder to have name orchidzone in it. So it begs the question if the address is paired to the correct vendor.

I found an email address for orchidzone elsewhere and sent a note there asking about preorders (as well as to this address- and the two addresses are different)

Thanks yes, I read that but it seems mismatched like someone tied the wrong email address to the vendor name. It looks wrong because you would expect a Woodstream preorder to go through woodsteeam3@etc and an orchidzone preorder to have name orchidzone in it. So it begs the question if the address is paired to the correct vendor.

I found an email address for orchidzone elsewhere and sent a note there asking about preorders (as well as to this address- and the two addresses are different)

Woodstream is one of the organizers of the paph forum. In fact, 2 of the vendor's plants will be sent ahead of time to Woodstream to assure safe arrival for the paph forum.

Latest posts

Back