2014 NCOS Paph Forum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked today and the site's been updated:

http://ncos.us/ncos/paph.htm

The speakers:
Dr. Holger Perner– China
Hengduan Mountains Biotechnology, Chengdu, Sichuan, P.R. China
“More on Paphiopedilum Species from China”

Graham Wood – Hawaii
Lehua Orchids, Mountain View, HI
“Paphiopedilums Hybridizing at Lehua Orchids”

Ron Burch– Connecticut
Gardens at Post Hill, Morris, CT
“Cypripediums”

Bryan Ramsay – Maryland
Certified Judge, National Capital AOS Judging Center
“Overview of Recent Slipper Awards”

The vendors:
Cove Corporation, MD; Floradise Orchids, VA; Gardens at Post Hill, CT; Hengduan Mountains Biotechnology, China; Lehua Orchids, Hawaii; Marriott Orchids, NC; NCOS Members; Woodstream Orchids, MD.

--Stephen

Of course I will be there, can't wait. I am going to try to get there early this year. The last couple years I got there late and missed out on some good plants.

Yes, back to the old location which i was pretty fond of in regards to the talks. You can here a lot better but the nursery made for a more relaxed atmosphere.

anyone know roughly how far the event is from the closest airport? Is it feasible to fly in and not have to rent a car?

If you want to attend, but don't want to rent a car, flying in to Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) is the easiest. It has a subway stop, which makes getting into the city convenient.

You can fly into Dulles as well, but you have to catch a private shuttle from the airport to the nearest subway stop. More info here:
http://www.washfly.com/flyer_bus_schedule.htm

To get to the arboretum, you can take the subway to Union Station and catch a taxi to the arboretum. It's a 3-mile (10-15 minute) taxi ride. I would strongly suggest you not try to walk from a metro stop to the arboretum, as you would have to cut through several extremely rough neighborhoods.

Please keep in mind that the National Arboretum is not in a very good part of DC. I would recommend NOT staying nearby. There are plenty of good metro accessible hotels in the area, although you're going to pay more staying in downtown DC than you are if you stay at one of the airport hotels.

--Stephen

Latest posts

Back