2008 TIOS Pics

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!!! I think I need to expatriate to Taiwan. The laws there must be nice, ie no governmental thugs over there that we have here (for those that want more proof, ask me about my time with Mrs. Kovach by PM). I see at least 15 plants I want, most of which are illegal here.

Great pictures!!!! If only it wasn't such a long flight to get there...

Wow! Thanks for taking the time and effort to post the photos! I especially enjoy photos from international shows. It makes us feel like we were there!
peter.

Chien, You split us the heart with so many beauties. Thank you for sharing your nice photos.

I'm curious to see so many not for AOS judging signs. Usually there are a couple of plants at every show that, for one reason or another, the owner doesn't want judged. But there seemed to be a large percentage of plants there that were specifically not for AOS judging...

I'm curious to see so many not for AOS judging signs. Usually there are a couple of plants at every show that, for one reason or another, the owner doesn't want judged. But there seemed to be a large percentage of plants there that were specifically not for AOS judging...

I was wondering the same thing...

The plants are fantastic btw. I love that the species are represented well.

thanks so much for taking so much time to put these pics online Chien !

I'm also wondering about the "no AOS judging"....

I was at judging a while back and one of the judges came back from the show last year an I thought it was value related. Something to the effect of Its worth what they say it is, until someone else says it isnt.

THANK YOU very much for a great collection of photos.

Wow.... those multi-florals make me want to give up and saell my collection.

Truly more than impressive. There was one adductum X stonei hybrid that truly left me speechless.

Christian

:clap::clap::clap:
Thanks for sharing. The plants are so perfect! wow
I think I saw a few no AOS juding ones that could have been winners
I noticed a complex x hangianum cross too. The hangianum didn't show though in the bloom though

Typically "not for AOS" is used when the exhibitor wants to wait to have the plant evaluated (it might not be fully open or another spike/bud may be on its way) OR it has already appeared for evaluation (as not to waste the judge's time) OR they don't want to pay for the award or grex registration (uncommon!).

-Steve Jobs (Ernie)

Latest posts

Back