2007 Borders Orchid Calendar

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Fischer

www.orchidweb.com
Reaction score
So a local company called Shearson Publishing came to our greenhouse to take pictures for a 2007 orchid calendar to be sold at Borders book stores around the US! The product description on their website is horrible:

http://www.bordersstores.com/search...orchids+calendar&mediaType=1&srchType=Keyword

We do not make any money off of this calendar, but get the free advertising as it has our website posted on each page! They actually did a really good job on the calendar with the exception of getting an oncidium and an odontoglossum mixed up for the labeling.

Most orchid calendars do not impress me, but I think you may like this one. If you are at your local Borders check it out and let me know what you think.

Cool! What other plants were chosen, do you know?

I made the mistake last year of getting a "home-made" one from Cafe Press(I'm sure you can guess which one) and the resolution was really bad and the colors were very off. Won't be making *that* mistake again! It was nice that it was all slippers but it wasn't very diverse, and the quality was very poor, IMHO.

They took a great variety of shots. Since I don't have one at home, just off the top of my head I can list:

Vanda coerulea
Phrag. Jason Fischer, St. Ouen 3N and besseae? (I think, all 3 on one page)
Oda. Rawdon Jester
A nice equitant oncidium hybrid
Catt. walkeriana coerulea
Phal. Baldan's Kaleidoscope (cover shot)

Well, I can remember about 1/2 the calendar... I'll have to bring a copy home for myself! They did bring over $10,000 worth of photo equipment to take the photos which made my digital SLR look like a little baby :eek: .

I've already seen it at Borders and even at a calendar kiosk at a mall.

Back