2 vinicolored rothschildianum-hybrids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

ORG

Today I visited the nursery of my friend Franz Glanz in Unterwössen in the south of Bavaria in Germany. I found there 2 interesting vinicolored hybris of Paph. rothschildianum in bloom.

PaphiopedilumWssnerBlackDream-WssnerFiredanceXrothschildianum.jpg

Paphiopedilum Wössner Black Dream
Wössner Firedance X rothschildianum

PaphiopedilumGauloisWssen-GoultenianumXrothschildianum.jpg

Paphiopedilum Gaulois 'Wössen'
Goultenianum X rothschildianum

I had not a good background for the pictures so I could not make optimal pictures, but I hope you can enjoy the pictures.

With best greetings

Olaf

I have a really hard time deciding which one I like more!! They are both spectacular in my eyes! :drool:

first one has way better form but the color on the second one looks unreal

I had the pleasure to see them both last weekend when Franz presented them for judging. The Woessner Black Dream received a SM, the Gaulois a BM from the D.O.G. judging panel.
I liked that Woessner Black Dream for the strong contrast in the dorsal and its shape which was pretty good for roth x vini breeding.

The Gaulois reminded me of the lung of a guy who has been smoking this brand for a couple of decades. It's been quite black.

Interesting! Did that plant have mottled leaves? Mine has green leaves and
is a large plant.

I like the top one!! If you could drive it to my house and drop it off would be sweet!!!! Lol.

Seriously dark! I imagine they might be more impressive in person, the background as you indicated probably does not show them off to their best advantage.

Latest posts

Back