2 Paphs. that are currently open

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Below are two of the paphs. that are currently open in the greenhouse. The first one is one of Sam's crosses. I've had it for a couple of years and this is it's first bloom. I think it likes getting out of S/H growing and going back into a bark mix. As you can see from the photo the flower is being held up above the foliage so that we can enjoy the bloom. Naturally, the stem is weak.

773PaphbellatulumxsibJumboxRedonRed.jpg

The second photo is a nice complex paph. The cross is Stone Lovely 'Ching-In' x Paph. In-Charm White 'Chao Chou' BM/TPS.

562PaphBaronessByford.jpg

Wow, too cool for your bella Bob: what size is the bloom (Jumbo?) !?
I got a 1 growth 'Jumbo' x 'Red on Red' from Sam this year :) ! Jean

Jean, it's just shy of 8 m.m. So I would say that it is average in size. However this is a first bloom seedling with only a single 6 1/2 inch growth. Once the plant gets stronger I'm hoping that the flower does get larger in size. I may have a couple more of this cross, if I do and they bloom I'll need to compare.

Both ar very nice, I like the Baroness for her shape, and the bellatulum is nice all over. Eight cm is not bad for a first bloom.

I must be in breeding mode ...
I see bella's spots on the Baroness! :drool:

Latest posts

Back