2 More for ya

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nutz4Paphs

CCE/AOS :-)
Reaction score
Woodrose 'Echo' AM/AOS - I bent one of the petals so it is leaning forward a bit, but still nice.
And one of my favorites: (Mystic Isle x emersonii) 'Jeanie' HCC/AOS. THis one was awarded last April and I am lucky enough to have bought the entire clone. It is wonderfully fragrant and bigger this year than it was last year on its first blooming. Sam got it awarded and is allowing me to name the cross so Im trying to think up something good. Emersonii is not used enough if you ask me...I LOVE IT!
IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

I like them both, but the emersonii cross is really striking! So perfect in every way.

Thanks for the compliments! The emersonii cross IS amazing. Im wondering if I could get it bumped up to an AM next year if the size is as good as it is this year. It is quite a bit bigger than when it was awarded the HCC. Also, as you can see the shape is outstanding and the color is flawless. Candace, I will definitely throw Paph. 'Candace' into my commiseration. :poke:

That emersonii cross is just outstanding. Perfect in every way. I agree wih you on emersonii crosses in general. It does make some wonderful hybrids.

David

Paph. Mystic Moon - 'Mystic' from the other parent, 'Moon' because of the shape and colour.

The emersonii cross IS amazing. Im wondering if I could get it bumped up to an AM next year if the size is as good as it is this year. It is quite a bit bigger than when it was awarded the HCC. Also, as you can see the shape is outstanding and the color is flawless. :poke:
There's only one way to find out!
I'm surprised there aren't more suggestions for names. I like the Mystic Moon but does it give an indication that emersonii is the other parent? Maybe yellow or pale would need to be added?

I have an OZ cross Mystic Isle x PEOY that looks to be b.s. now. Wonder what that will give me? It's not named yet either but I've had it for YEARS.

Yes, your Mystic Isle hybrid is a beaut! I like how it retained the yellow pouch of the emersonii. Apparently, no spots on the inside of the pouch?

Very nice, the emersonii cross is wonderful. Is it a good grower?

There's only one way to find out!
I'm surprised there aren't more suggestions for names. I like the Mystic Moon but does it give an indication that emersonii is the other parent? Maybe yellow or pale would need to be added?

Mystic Immersion? ;)

The plant is a great grower. It has 2 previously bloomed (both last year at the time of award), 1 in bloom, 1 NBS, 3-4 new growths - so its growing into quite a clump! Keep the name suggestions coming!

oh, PS - the lip has a VERY faint dusting of spots inside the pouch. It is light though and they are small and not very dark in color. I can't see them at all through the pouch wall on the outside. I think that the Mystic Isle really thickened the flower up and so it isn't nearly as transparent as the pouch on a standard emersonii.

Back