2 jackiis

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sangii

malipo nut
Reaction score
the first one is labeled "alba" but even though it lacks any purple pigmentation on the leaves, it is not exactly alba as you can see. some sort of semi alba ? also the petal stance makes me think more of malipo than jackii. The somewhat yellow color is due to flash light

dsc01253hr8.jpg

second one is very surprising, very tiny flower and shape very different from the other jackiis I have or have seen

dsc01265pf1.jpg

...To me its better than the jackiis I have seen.

What shall I say, I agree with Roy at least in his statement about the first one.
This one has got a really good shape and stance - a trifle too good for P. jackii. :wink: And due to the lack of nearly all purple colouration except few dots on the staminode it seems to be the more precious one.
But I like the both of them!
Best regards from Germany, GuRu

Both are nice but the first one has something special!! Definitely à keeper

Well, first off, Bravo! Beautiful flowers! I'm very jealous.

Second, where did you get those. I have every other parvi paph out there, but cannot seem to fin anyone with jackii! I think if I was to find some, I'd finally be able to sleep at night.

Please help

Hello,
the first one is paph. jackii var. semialbum :rollhappy:
the second look like paph. hiepii :clap:

I'm with Hakone on this one.
Cribb's 2nd edition has a picture very similar to your 2nd one and it's
called Paph malipoense var hiepii.
The first one would be a great shaped jackii.
Nice

Craig

Wolfdog1: you are correct by the Cribbs definition. However, according to Koopowitz, Paph. malipoense var. hiepii is considered Paph. jackii. Therefore, "Paph. malipoense var. hiepii" and "Paph. hiepii" are synonyms of the Paph. jackii.

I suppose it depends on who you believe. I'm in the Koopowitz camp, but many people think Cribbs is correct. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the future.

Wolfdog1: you are correct by the Cribbs definition. However, according to Koopowitz, Paph. malipoense var. hiepii is considered Paph. jackii. Therefore, "Paph. malipoense var. hiepii" and "Paph. hiepii" are synonyms of the Paph. jackii.

I suppose it depends on who you believe. I'm in the Koopowitz camp, but many people think Cribbs is correct. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the future.

That is right!! I agree. I like the first one!!

Ramon:)

Well, first off, Bravo! Beautiful flowers! I'm very jealous.

Second, where did you get those. I have every other parvi paph out there, but cannot seem to fin anyone with jackii! I think if I was to find some, I'd finally be able to sleep at night.

Please help

They're illegal in the states.....that's why nobody has them;) Or nobody is saying they have them

Please help

:rollhappy: Somebody needs to let him know. Just search legal/illegal paphs, and you'll see what you're missing. BTW, anyone else thinking how unfair this is jackii and hiepii!!??! :mad:

I'm with Hakone on this one.
Cribb's 2nd edition has a picture very similar to your 2nd one and it's
called Paph malipoense var hiepii.
The first one would be a great shaped jackii.
Nice

Craig

Craig,
I though in the book" slipper orchids of vietnam". the author said hiepii has a hook in the pouch?
By the way, you should tell Gcroz how you returned the hangianum flasks at WOC.
That will make him cry.

Latest posts

Back