2 henrys

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicago Chad

Reaction score
spots and spotless

KHbzG6.jpg

4SdByB.jpg

That second one is most interesting, and I can see how many paph lovers will take to it, but my own preference is for the first.

Two nice blooms. I particularly like the second one but to me it looks more like a primary hybrid rather than a pure henryanum, perhaps with an insigne influence?

Two nice blooms. I particularly like the second one but to me it looks more like a primary hybrid rather than a pure henryanum, perhaps with an insigne influence?

Paphluvr, in this instance you are barking up the wrong tree, indeed!

Chads plant/flower is clearly the semi-album-form of henryanum, published as P. henryanum fma. christae (cf. Gruss: Genus Paphiopedilum Albino Forms, 2008) - if in doubt take a look at my avatar: P. henryanum fma. christae 'Guldal', BM/DOK/2016

To see the avatar-photo a little bigger, click on the attached thumbnail below!

PS. On my windowsill I've got a delicate, young plant of P. henryanum fma. album - it's quite a miniature plant, but has just presented a new growth. Can't wait to see it bloom! (knock on wood!)

Kind regards,
Jens

Attachments

• Paphiopedilum-henryanum-fma-christae-DSC_0008 (1).jpg
    Paphiopedilum-henryanum-fma-christae-DSC_0008 (1).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 18
Sorry, but I did say I liked the second one better. I was merely stating my opinion based on the amount of reflexion and hooding I see in the dorsal which I haven't seen in other henrys but is common in several other species. I guess that's why I'm not a botonist.

I'm the one to apologize, if I sounded a bit brusque...I merely meant to state a fact, but re-reading my 'post', I see, that it can be construed the other way round!

Sometimes one is a bit like Bambi on the Ice as a non-native speaker...or maybe a more appropriate metaphor in this case might be: like Bigfoot putting his big foot in it! :D

Latest posts

Back