• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted 2.25" x 3.25" clear square pots

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

StefJ

Reaction score
@StefJ Sorry if this is turning into a commercial for your site:).

You used to have a case lot/ quantity variation for ordering that was very reasonable. I suppose sources don’t support that business model anymore?
Hi Rich - I am hoping to offer lot discounts in the future, but I'm currently feeling out reliable vendors who I can buy from repeatedly at the same/similar price. During the pandemic every time I turned around the prices had gone up without notification, and more than once I was obligated to sell a case of pots for less than I was actually paying for them. Not a customers fault that a price increase hadn't been reflected, but also not a terribly good business model! :p I sure miss the good old days when plastic was cheap and shipping didn't require a second mortgage... the world is just too weird right now.

Stef

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
StefJ - I know just how you feel. The folks taking advantage of the pandemic supply chain issues have very wide-spread impact.

The MSU fertilizers, for example (including K-Lite) have increased by 50%, and that's not because Greencare is making a killing, either. Most folks don't realize the range of international sources for the raw materials, and the shipping cost for a 40' container coming from Asia used to be about $2500; now it's about $25,000-$30,000.

Reaction score
StefJ - I know just how you feel. The folks taking advantage of the pandemic supply chain issues have very wide-spread impact.

The MSU fertilizers, for example (including K-Lite) have increased by 50%, and that's not because Greencare is making a killing, either. Most folks don't realize the range of international sources for the raw materials, and the shipping cost for a 40' container coming from Asia used to be about $2500; now it's about $25,000-$30,000.
So many different items have been effected.
Sad but true.

Latest posts