• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted 2.25" x 3.25" clear square pots

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Reaction score

richgarrison

Reaction score

thanx i'm seeing a bunch of interesting options from that company (wish we had an american made product like this but whatever - global economy )

merc

ST Supporter
Reaction score
I just switched out all my BangQiao for either 2.25" pots from Sophies or 2" + 2.5" Rand pots. For me the BangQiao pots (coupled with Ochriata Classic) didn't retain the moisture I needed it to despite the pots sitting in a humidity tray. Just thought I'd throw that info out there just in case it saves someone time/energy from repotting x3 like I did.

Last edited:

richgarrison

Reaction score
I just switched out all my BangQiao for either 2.25" pots from Sophies or 2" + 2.5" Rand pots. For me the BangQiao pots (coupled with Ochriata Classic) didn't retain the moisture I needed it to despite the pots sitting in a humidity tray. Just thought I'd throw that info out there just in case it saves someone time/energy from repotting x3 like I did.

funny for me, that observation/experience actually is useful and makes the pot option more attractive... being able to water my paphs more frequently is something i'd like to be doing...

Reaction score
I use several different types of clear pots. I have many small fans keeping constant air flow over all my plants. I find the only ones which dry faster are the ones with slits. Grow phrags in these as I let them occasionally sit in the water.
I haven't notice any type of pot (of the same size) drying any faster.

Jbergen

Reaction score
For those using the BangQiao pots. I don't see anything about UV stabilization on them so I would assume they are not. Have you found them to hold up or are they too new to make that determination? Every time I use non UV stabilized pots, the end up turning brittle and crumbling.

TyroneGenade

mad scientist
Reaction score
For those using the BangQiao pots. I don't see anything about UV stabilization on them so I would assume they are not. Have you found them to hold up or are they too new to make that determination? Every time I use non UV stabilized pots, the end up turning brittle and crumbling.
Get a big clear bag. Put the pots in it. Spray it down with H2O2 in the bag, seal it and put it in the sun for a day. Should be perfectly sterile after that.

richgarrison

Reaction score

i asked the vendor that question on Amazon and they specifically said they are not UV stabilized…

Latest posts