• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2.25" square very deep pots

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
McConkey pots... But McConkey evidently doesn't make them anymore, I haven't been able to get any for the last three years and now I'm out. I know there are other manufacturers, I just can't find a good one. I need them by the case.

These are 2.25" across and about 3.5" deep. It is easy to find ones that are approximately as deep as they are wide, I have cases of those I don't use because people keep sending me the wrong damn pots. :)

They’re called ‘Rose Pots’ by most. Ray is correct... Chula Orchids is where I get them. I just ordered another thousand of the clear ones. They’re the only ones that sell clear and they have the best price so far. I searched for the manufacturer of them with no luck.

Many years ago, Harry Tolen, owner of Chula Orchids, bought a bunch of molds from McConkey and had clear versions of the McConkey pots produced - a very large investment. His prices were good enough at a wholesale level that I could ship them from Oregon to PA and resell them at his retail price and still be happy with the income.

When his wife passed away, he brought his kids on board to help with the business, and since he passed, they have continued the business, but are not so generous with the pricing. They are, however, the US origin of all rigid, clear pots, including those at Kelley’s Korner.

At 500 pots or more shipped to New Jersey they are tolerable... and reusable. I like them because I can see how the roots are doing and I can tell if the pots are still wet or dry when I’m deciding what to water. Helps me avoid overwatering my seedlings.
6D37B7B9-CE38-4A0C-AAF5-113883BACA9C.jpeg

I have some of that brand pot Quarter Acre sells... they’re not as heavy as the ones from Chula Orchids. The ones from Chula have much better drainage and I think they’re a little wider at the bottom so they’re more stable. I think the price is $0.28 each for 500 or more.

I have some of that brand pot Quarter Acre sells... they’re not as heavy as the ones from Chula Orchids. The ones from Chula have much better drainage and I think they’re a little wider at the bottom so they’re more stable. I think the price is $0.28 each for 500 or more.
i had just put my yearly order in about a week before this thread started... pots arrived monday... the small pots are .33 each at the 100 pot break point (and if you do the math, there is a breakpoint at about 60 pots where the smaller qty price exceeds the overall cost of the 100 pot purchase) ... have been buying Chula pots for years ....used to get them from what now appears to be defunct Tindara. Depending on the size of the order, Chula also gives an additional discount.20200402_120551.jpg

Latest posts

Back