1st thaianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your P. bellatulum album is great. 👌 I tried to grow them .... but unfortunately so far without success. :confused:
i fell in love with bellatulums when i first started this hobby. i killed 2 or 3 bellatulums before i got one to bloom size. this is going to sound awful but the more i neglected them the better off they were and out of no where i got a few to bloom. 😂

Hi merc. I agree with GuRu, beautiful P. bellatulum album. I too have tried growing them with not much success. Could you possibly share some of your cultural knowledge around this plant?

i fell in love with bellatulums when i first started this hobby. i killed 2 or 3 bellatulums before i got one to bloom size. this is going to sound awful but the more i neglected them the better off they were and out of no where i got a few to bloom. 😂
I have grown some Brachies successful even P. bellatulum ... but I wasn't successful with P. bellatulum album.

Last edited:
Could you possibly share some of your cultural knowledge around this plant?
being that bellatulums weren't cheap i overly stressed over them. i repotted frequently, watered frequently, examined the plant frequently for fungus and bugs. i had a few die on me and always noticed the leaves on the dying bellatulums were less succulent than my other brachys. flimsy leaves means weak roots so i started reading up on how to get big fat fuzzy roots. i added kelpmax, k-lite and the probiotic supplements from firstrays to my arsenal and stopped messing with the plants so much. i also added a bunch of cpu case fans to my shelves to help get the air flowing. i water every 7-10 days and let nature do it's thing. :p

Latest posts

Back