15 miles from Las Vegas

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Fischer

www.orchidweb.com
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Well I just got back from Vegas where I did a lecture on phrags to their local orchid society (great bunch of people!), and I discovered something much more fun and interesting than the main strip! I drive 15 minutes west and you've reached the Red Rock Canyon, a geological phenomenon. I could explain how it was made, but I took a pic of that so I wouldn't have to :). It's absolutely silent, and it's hard to believe it is so close to downtown Las Vegas. One of the best examples (if not the best) of a 'Thrust Fault'.

puzzle.jpg

rr1.jpg

rr2.jpg

rr3.jpg

So Nobu is that good huh? I'll have to try it next time as the society already invited me for another lecture in 2008 :).

What did you have Heather? A little bit of everything I suppose at that price!

Jason Fischer said:
So Nobu is that good huh?

What did you have Heather? A little bit of everything I suppose at that price!

What did we have? A lot of cold sake! :D
Yeah, it was damn good. We actually came home and talked to our friend the manager of the local sushi establishment and they have, ever since, had one of the dishes on their menu. Hamachi w/ chili and yuzu.

It is suggested that first time visitors to Nobu select the chef's tasting menu. It worked for us! I have never seen G so drunk, lol!

Latest posts

Back