14th International Slipper Orchid Symposium Speakers & Vendors

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
(Since my counting failure in the title of the previously posted thread [It's the 14th, NOT the 13th] cannot be corrected, I thought it would be appropriate to create this new, updated topic.)

When: November 3, 2012
Where: Howard Johnson Plaza Altamonte Springs Orlando North
Sponsored by: Krull-Smith
More information: 14th International Slipper Orchid Symposium

This year’s Speakers:
  • Dr. Holger Perner, Hengduan Mountains Biotechnology – Sichuan, Southwest China
  • Dr. Harold Koopowitz, Professor Emeritus – University of California, Irvine
  • Gail Schwarz, Toronto AOS Judging Centre
  • Graham Wood, Lehua Orchids – Mountain View, Hawaii
This year’s Vendors:
  • Deerwood Orchids
  • Hengduan Mountains Biotechnology
  • Hill’s Raingreen Tropicals
  • Lehua Orchids
  • Krull-Smith
  • Marriott Orchids
  • Orchidview
  • Orchid Inn, Ltd.

Many of the vendors are willing to bring pre-ordered plants to the event. The website at has links to all vendor sites and any pre-order lists that were made available to us.

We are expecting a very enthusiastic group this year, and are excited about another lively and entertaining orchid auction at the BBQ event Saturday evening after all the presentations have been made.

Please visit the website at www.slippersymposium.com for all the details.

Julie and I'll be there and will be selling. I'll be happy to bring any special orders down with me. Are there any other ST members signed up? We'll be staying at our son's in Apopka, but are considering staying at the hotel the night before so we can meet and talk with fellow enthusiasts on Friday evening.

I'll be there Ross. I'm staying across the street at the Hampton Inn. I find it quieter there. Where they have the event there is that club that goes into action in the evening. If you stay there, you need to upgrade to the better rooms that are away from the noise.

I'll be there Ross. I'm staying across the street at the Hampton Inn. I find it quieter there. Where they have the event there is that club that goes into action in the evening. If you stay there, you need to upgrade to the better rooms that are away from the noise.

A hot night club at Howard Johnsons?:confused: How the world has changed.

Latest posts

Back