12th International Slipper Orchid Symposium - Altamonte Springs, FL

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forum's

Hi Jean and Rob,
Jean I will send you all info if you are willing to send me your email address to the Ratcliffe site. Its the weekend of 23rd and 24th Jan 2010 in Solihull which is in the middle of UK. The Birmingham International airport is only 5 miles down the road.
Rob...........not sure that "Black" Market is politically correct these days!!!!!!!!!
I always said that if when were in Florida if I had grown a moustache and changed my name to Gonzales all would be well( apologies to our Mexican friends!!) Or maybe if it was Bin Laden I'd be welcomed???
Mary says hi back. Yes we miss you all
Paul

I will be selling at the Symposium this year. For those attending, I have listed the majority of seedlings I will be bringing along with pictures on this web page:

http://sites.google.com/a/dishmail.net/deerwoodorchids/

For the unbloomed crosses, the seedlings will be select grade, in the top 5% as far as growth vigor. For bloomed crosses, all seedlings will be unbloomed, blooming sized, with some in bud.

Well, it was a sacrifice, but we left foggy, rainy and 37F. in Minnesota for 80F. and sun in Orlando. :rolleyes: We are staying at our son, Curt's house and am looking forward to the Symposium this Saturday. For those that have preordered, I have your plants (all in bud). Is anyone planning on getting together Friday evening?

Ross, I feel bad for both yourself and your lovely wife. Per usual it will be a quick trip for me. I'll be there a total of about 48 hours. Are you thinking around the lines of possible an early supper? I don't know the area but might consider it. At this time, I'm not sure what time Hadley will be getting in. I'll check back on the board before I leave.

Are we there yet???? :D

I've been annoying the heck out of everyone I work with telling them how hot it is going to be down there. Can hardly wait. :clap:

Take lots of pictures at the Symposium. Buy lots!!! I wish I was going. Bought myself a pack of complex paphs from Sam and some species orchids from Oak Hill as consolation for not going. Have fun!

It didn't work out for me either, but as consolation I get to spend at least part of the weekend with Glen Decker at my local OS sale and then get to hear him speak on Monday :clap:.

Susan

Okay, got my camera ready, where's all the orchids??? :rollhappy:

Lovin' the sunshine, it's like being tele-transported back to August...

I checked the prices for last minute flights to Orlando - $370. Hmmm, nope, I guess I'll order more plants! Say 'Hi!" to everyone for us, thanx!

For those who weren't able to make it, I'm sorry you weren't there. It was an amazing day of wonderful presentations and the nicest group of people you could ever imagine. I'm really looking forward to this evening's auction where some outstanding plants are being offered.

Scott, Hope you took a ton of photos of Krull's black Magic. Must be pretty impressive to see a lot of them in bloom.

The lectures were great, the barbecue and auction were a lot of fun! Many thanks to Frank Smith and Scott Ware and crew for putting on another excellent symposium. Bill Thoms was again absolutely fabulous as the auctioneer. I got to meet Yoyo Jo, too. :)

Teresa Hill spoke on her standard complex breeding program
Sam Tsui gave us a run down on the various breeding lines of leucochilum in Thailand, Japan and the US.
Dr Harold Koopowitz spoke on the history of Paph growing and breeding.

Sorry, but I took no photos this year as I was preoccupied and forgot to take my camera. My biggest regret is not having enough time to spend with everyone I wanted to. I'm already planning on coming next year!

Latest posts

Back