10/6-10/8: 71st National Capital Orchid Society Annual Show! (Behnke Nurseries)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On Columbus Day weekend, the National Capital Orchid Society will present its 71st annual Orchid Show at the Behnke Nurseries Company -- FREE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC! Plan to visit, see thousands of unique orchid plants in bloom, enjoy educational talks, visit our 'Orchid Doctor' to answer questions, visit our Sales Area with 10 top-quality vendors for plant and supply sales, and MUCH MORE! Fall is one of the best blooming seasons for orchids in DC, so come prepared for a wonderful selection of orchids to see and buy!

SHOW SCHEDULE:
(Saturday, Oct. 6 through Monday, Oct. 8)

Saturday and Sunday 9 am - 5:45 pm Exhibit and sales area open to the public
Monday 9 am - 3:00 pm Exhibit and sales area open to the public
FREE EDUCATIONAL TALKS:

Saturday, October 6

10:00 am
Guided Exhibit Tour
11:00 am Sarah Hurdel Orchids 101 - The Basics
12:30 pm Roddy Gabel Get Comfortable with Slippers
1:30 pm
Guided Exhibit Tour
2:30 pm Stefanie Jarrell The Dirt on Repotting Orchids

Sunday, October 7

10:00 am
Guided Exhibit Tour
11:30 am Ken Meier Choosing the Right Orchid for Your Home
1:00 pm
Guided Exhibit Tour
2:30 pm Stephanie Jarrell
The Dirt on Repotting Orchids

Monday, October 8

12:30 pm Gene Schurg Home Orchid Growing - The Basics

TEN (10) SHOW VENDORS!

For additional information: ncos.us/ncos-fall-show/

I definitely walked away with some goodies... :p

Beautiful displays! And Woodstream came with a nice selection of paphs/phrags. This was my first year going (since it was my first year in the area). A bit small, but definitely nice!

I definitely walked away with some goodies... :p

Beautiful displays! And Woodstream came with a nice selection of paphs/phrags. This was my first year going (since it was my first year in the area). A bit small, but definitely nice!

What did you get? I got phrag Yelva Marva(?), 2 masdevallia, a variegated Phil and variegated neofinitia

What did you get? I got phrag Yelva Marva(?), 2 masdevallia, a variegated Phil and variegated neofinitia

A good haul!

I got a Phrag schlimii, fischeri, and a flask of sargentianum. So, I've got some compots to make! :D

Latest posts

Back