‘The classic cattleyas’ 2nd edition

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Just ordered.

Glad you mentioned that! I thought that 'available Dec 2020 ....' meant that I had to wait until then before able to order/pre-order etc.

So when I went to that site just after seeing your post ..... it says ------ wait for it ... wait for it.....

Signed copy *
|+| Yes please

Nice! That's what I'm going to tick.

Oh geeez!!!!!!! After I was putting in my details ------ the parts that says 'State/Province' and 'Country' includes only USA and Canada. What a let-down!!!!!!!🐡
I was gearing up to pay with paypal, and thought I would be done and ordered in less than a minute!

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, Pete!

And, yes, I find it really scaring with a Chief in Command (though seemingly not of himself) urging paramilitary groups to 'stand back and stand by' - and concerning David, he is just a little bit better of with a PM taking fictitious control of their borders (though, yet, neither of himself). Soon he will live in splendid isolation, when it comes to buying orchids!

I’ve just had a positive response from Art about this book for all those living outside the USA and Canada.

David, thanks for your inquiry.

We will be posting a website in the near future for international orders of
The Classic Cattleyas. The book will be available for shipment in mid
December.
Say Hello to my friends in the UK.
Art

regards
David

Guldal, this is why I’ve been on a buying spree for cattleyas in the past year!
ive no idea how easy it will be to import plants post Brexit.
none of the UK vendors do catts in any meaningful way,

I’ve just had a positive response from Art about this book for all those living outside the USA and Canada.

David, thanks for your inquiry.

We will be posting a website in the near future for international orders of
The Classic Cattleyas. The book will be available for shipment in mid
December.
Say Hello to my friends in the UK.
Art

regards
David

Good work, David! Will you keep us posted when the website is up and going?!

I sent them an email too.
Classic Catts One is hundreds of dollars!!! to Australia.......................ouch

Oh geeez!!!!! 🥜

At least it is likely a forever keeper hehehe. I assume that includes shipping.

Judging from people's descriptions about the first edition, the 2nd Ed could be priceless.

I genuinely flick through the same orchid magazines over and over again - non-stop. And the only orchid book I own is a dinosaur ----- called 'A Golden Guide - Orchids', Shuttleworth, Zim, Dillon - a small paper back with a purple cover. Hand illustrated pics. Still my first and favourite book.

It still has the price tag ---- with hand-written 3.50 on it. Three dollars fifty (aussie dollars). Bought a really really long time ago - before computers and internet hehehe.

Last edited:
Back